British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Apprentice Stories (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/apprentice-stories-378212/)

turtletom Jun 8th 2006 11:22 am

Apprentice Stories

As I'm a 2nd year Apprentice Painter and Decorator, i thought it would be good if i could here from any of the B.E members that were/still are apprentices in the construction trade in England/Australia.

Tom

:D

Wife Beater Jun 8th 2006 11:29 am

Re: Apprentice Stories

I was an apprentice many moons ago and remember being treated worse than a lump of turd nost of the time, you guys today have it easy.
I sent my current apprentice to the store a while ago to fetch back a metric shifter and a long weight (Wait)
The old ones are the best eh? :D

geordie mandy Jun 8th 2006 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
I was an apprentice many moons ago and remember being treated worse than a lump of turd nost of the time, you guys today have it easy.
I sent my current apprentice to the store a while ago to fetch back a metric shifter and a long weight (Wait)

My hubby sent a young squaddie for camoflage paint who was doing an army apprentice a few years back. Poor lad :p
Mandy

Downies Jun 8th 2006 3:53 pm

Some of the stories I hear from OH how a company he subbies to treat their joinery apprentice is shocking - how they havent been caught and dragged through the courts I dont know!!

some of the clean ones: screwed him down to a table in the bait cabin through his clothes; pulled down his trousers and white washed his arse; tied him to lamposts; got hold of his mobile and outed him to his parents and friends etc etc.

Paula

Perthforme Jun 8th 2006 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Wife Beater

Sparks for the angle grinder , a falic rod , labia lip valve etc :p

Vash the Stampede Jun 8th 2006 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Downies
Some of the stories I hear from OH how a company he subbies to treat their joinery apprentice is shocking - how they havent been caught and dragged through the courts I dont know!!

some of the clean ones: screwed him down to a table in the bait cabin through his clothes; pulled down his trousers and white washed his arse; tied him to lamposts; got hold of his mobile and outed him to his parents and friends etc etc.

Paula

Aussie mate of mine (builder) copped a few nasty ones during his time as an apprentice.

The mildest was having a broomstick shoved through the arms of his shirt; the worst was being fastened to a wall with an electric nailgun. :eek:

Nowadays he's a strapping bloke with fists like a pair of Sunday hams; you wouldn't want to mess with him - and nobody does! :D