Wikiposts

apple tv

Old Mar 17th 2012, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: apple tv

Originally Posted by soapy©
started playing with it when you posted, then got lost
Just put one or two movies in it.... then look for Movie Information then try and configure from there. Took me quite a while I will admit. It's quite geeky to set up but once its up and running its fantastic.

I'd probably be quite lost with the Apple TV version as well.... It's linux based. Worth some time learning it IMO.

Actually just thought of something.... Run Boxee on your computer instead just to give yourself an idea of what the much better XBMC is capable of. Boxee is dead simple to use. Boxee is basically a user freindly version of XBMC and should just run straight away.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 17th 2012 at 6:57 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 10:11 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Just put one or two movies in it.... then look for Movie Information then try and configure from there. Took me quite a while I will admit. It's quite geeky to set up but once its up and running its fantastic.

I'd probably be quite lost with the Apple TV version as well.... It's linux based. Worth some time learning it IMO.

Actually just thought of something.... Run Boxee on your computer instead just to give yourself an idea of what the much better XBMC is capable of. Boxee is dead simple to use. Boxee is basically a user freindly version of XBMC and should just run straight away.
just need to find time to play with it. thanks pal
Old Mar 18th 2012, 7:42 am

Jensanco is an unknown quantity at this point

their opinion

works great for me. had it about a year now and have added to it

everything is controlled from my phone
perfect for a lazy bastard like me
tell me more?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 7:52 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jensanco
tell me more?
its a bit like a router
plays everything on your computer through the telly
theres a lot more to it but so far i havent had the time to go through it all

its great for playing music though.
select yir music on yir phone and then select where you want to play it from
i have apple tv in my bedroom, lounge, wee lounge, outside and i have speakers in the kitchen. the kitchen run off apples air play
when i want to listen to music i just select all or where ever apple tv i want the music to come to through an app on my phone
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:13 am

its a bit like a router
plays everything on your computer through the telly
theres a lot more to it but so far i havent had the time to go through it all

its great for playing music though.
select yir music on yir phone and then select where you want to play it from
i have apple tv in my bedroom, lounge, wee lounge, outside and i have speakers in the kitchen. the kitchen run off apples air play
when i want to listen to music i just select all or where ever apple tv i want the music to come to through an app on my phone
Oooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh

Is it expensive? This is new to me. We cancelled sky tv a few months back and don't really miss the packages etc itself, but do get hacked off when I'm home of the drivel on the tv. Love my music would love to be able to play the music off my itunes or iphone/ipod in different places without relying on the max volume coming out the little speaker on the device.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:22 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Is it expensive? This is new to me. We cancelled sky tv a few months back and don't really miss the packages etc itself, but do get hacked off when I'm home of the drivel on the tv. Love my music would love to be able to play the music off my itunes or iphone/ipod in different places without relying on the max volume coming out the little speaker on the device.
If you're in the UK, AppleTV is about £99

http://www.johnlewis.com/231567860/P...hTerm=apple+tv
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by rasen78
If you're in the UK, AppleTV is about £99

http://www.johnlewis.com/231567860/P...hTerm=apple+tv
Thanks but we're only in the UK for now... what would the Oz price be please if you know?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:28 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks but we're only in the UK for now... what would the Oz price be please if you know?
Link below suggests $109

http://store.apple.com/au
Old Mar 18th 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by rasen78
Link below suggests $109

http://store.apple.com/au
Thank you xx
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

WD TV Live is better. You can plug in your own storage so you don't need to stream.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 10:28 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you go saying there is something better

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
WD TV Live is better. You can plug in your own storage so you don't need to stream.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Easier and cheaper solution is to get a set of casters fixed to the bottom of your radiogram and simply take it with you round the house...
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:21 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Yes, but will it play my old 78s?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Yes, but will it play my old 78s?

Depends... Were they made in the UK? Do you live in Australia?
Old Mar 18th 2012, 12:35 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Depends... Were they made in the UK? Do you live in Australia?
Of course, because those spin the other way around, good thinking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.