Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anything that I can only get in UK I should take?

Anything that I can only get in UK I should take?

Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anything that I can only get in UK I should take?

Random perhaps but I wish I'd stuck in a load of persil and comfort! Nothing else compares plus more baby supplies and nappies are expensive here. Oooh and as someone else said, decent crisps.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 11:27 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anything that I can only get in UK I should take?

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Random perhaps but I wish I'd stuck in a load of persil and comfort! Nothing else compares plus more baby supplies and nappies are expensive here. Oooh and as someone else said, decent crisps.
We bought a large set of reusable nappies in the UK, which has proved a good investment. Might be a good idea to consider.

www.littlelamb.co.uk

Old Nov 14th 2009, 3:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I have to laugh when they say "you can't get proper sausages here!"

Yes, the mechanically recovered meat and floor sweepings are far superior in Britain......
Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
This is exactly what we did. There's a nice collection of Denby mugs and Le Creuset dishes in our sea freight. Hope they all arrive intact!

Know someone who has just imported some pots from the Le Creuset range and they were not cheap. I used to have a pair of oven gloves bearing their name when I was a bachelor lol.

As for sausages - just don't buy cheap beef. The message is clear - buy pork and/or gourmet..
Old Nov 14th 2009, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

munch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nicemunch is just really nice

Originally Posted by framac67
decent bloody crisps especially cheese n onion
Seabrook's crinkle prawn cocktail crisps, you just can't get prawn cocktail crisps here!!!
Old Nov 14th 2009, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by munch
Seabrook's crinkle prawn cocktail crisps, you just can't get prawn cocktail crisps here!!!
Took me ages to find cheese n onion and what a disappointment they were.