Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone's pets flying tonight?

Anyone's pets flying tonight?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Anyone's pets flying tonight?

Our toy poodle smudge flies tonight with BA from Heathrow to Sydney... He's all bathed and looking pretty. All paperwork present and hopefully correct and I'm getting nervous... poor little bugger!

Just wondered if any of you had pets who would be joining him.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone's pets flying tonight?

Originally Posted by homewardbound
Our toy poodle smudge flies tonight with BA from Heathrow to Sydney... He's all bathed and looking pretty. All paperwork present and hopefully correct and I'm getting nervous... poor little bugger!

Not flying tonight but our cat flew out late last year. I was so nervous for her and was blubbering all the time . I kept checking her flight status to see whereabouts in the air she was and knew exactly when she landed in Sydney. I also stressed a lot whilst she was in quarantine but 4 weeks later she was delivered to our door, she strolled in like she'd lived here all her life and demanded some food

Hope your poodle has as good an experience as our cat! Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails Anyone's pets flying tonight?-sb_4844055.jpg   Anyone's pets flying tonight?-sb_4844061.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Nikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud ofNikki.P has much to be proud of

Sorry no, our pooch came over a year ago but I just wanted to wish you and him well, you will both be overjoyed to see each other again and he will be fine. All the very best to you both.

Nikki
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant futureTrevglas has a brilliant future

My two mutts (maltese) fly out on the 11th for their holiday in the Blue Mountains. For one of them, it is a return home, not sure how he will cope with his enforced 1 months holiday, he didnt have to go into quarantine when he flew out and when he arrived here (Singapore), he was really stressed.

Both my mutts hate other dogs with a passion unfortunately, so when you visit/spring Smudge, my two are the two white fluffies going off their nuts at him/her!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Yes yes!! Our cocker spaniel Ella left scotland today and she has never been apart from us! Im feeling totally guilty now and we wont see her till the 5th of July. We took her to the kennels on Saturday and they said she is just lying down feeling sorry for herself. Oh well at least they will bark together!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Trevglas I will look out for your two fluffies!

DestSYD - what flight was yours on? Smudge went on the BA015 9.25pm from heathrow. I fly next week so will hopefully beable to get in to see him the following tuesday.

All went smoothly - we arrived at ARC 1 1/2 hrs early so sat and scraped change together for drinks etc and just watched tv and groomed him - it was very relaxed until Pet Air arrived late due to traffic... but all was good and over very quickly. As soon as smudge went in the crate he laid down and only cried a bit when the door was shut and we were still stood in front of him faffing with paperwork.

My mum was in pieces (blossom), I keep telling her she will see him again when she comes out to visit.

it all seems so real now... I will look out for your Cocker - what colour is she?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all

Hi, she was on the 21.35 BA015 and arrives in Sydney 5th June at 05.15. Although our user name says Sydney (I didnt think I would use this forum much lol) we are going to the GC. She is staying at the Eastern Creek Quarantine Kennels till we pick her up on the 5th of July. Going to fly down and drive her back up. We leave on Monday! When & where r u going? She is a red/golden Cocker & the house is very lonely without her.
Michelle
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Yep they are flying together so I will look out for her! I am headed a couple of hours south of sydney and arrive a week tomorrow.

Good luck with the move and i'll let you know if i see her!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Good luck to both of you, were doing it to our 2 springers next year, already dreading it! Im told the dogs are fine, its the owners who dont cope
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michelle - they land in just 1 hour... are you sat here on tenderhooks too??? Weather not looking too good but everything is crossed for an uneventful landing - poor little buggers and what a welcome to Australia when it is so beautiful here today! In fact I doubt they will think they have left the country - they left UK in pouring rain and cold and are arriving to the same!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stella340
Not flying tonight but our cat flew out late last year. I was so nervous for her and was blubbering all the time . I kept checking her flight status to see whereabouts in the air she was and knew exactly when she landed in Sydney. I also stressed a lot whilst she was in quarantine but 4 weeks later she was delivered to our door, she strolled in like she'd lived here all her life and demanded some food

Hope your poodle has as good an experience as our cat! Good luck!
hahah I've just realised where the cat had got comfortable - how cute
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ok Ella and Smudge have landed.

My auntie is ringing quarantine later this arvo... so will speak to her when i get up tomorrow and find out how he is.

xxx
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ok Ella and Smudge have landed.

My auntie is ringing quarantine later this arvo... so will speak to her when i get up tomorrow and find out how he is.

xxx
Fab, my brother & sister in law live in Sydney and they are going to visit her next week! Is Smudge going to the same prison camp too?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

yep - same eastern creek gaol - they will be partners in crime!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

yep - same eastern creek gaol - they will be partners in crime!
Hi, do you know if we will here anything fm them? My pet travel company just said they would write to us at our Oz address with the bill and details of when she can be picked up. Thinking I might send them an email and ask if she is okay but then again I cant do anything about it either way!!! What do you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.