Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone see the slight flaw in this request?

Anyone see the slight flaw in this request?

Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:33 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone see the slight flaw in this request?

(EMail received today....)

Dear Friend, First and foremost i must seek your strict confidence, Let me introduce myself to you, my name is Robert Lubanga from Democratic Republic of Congo. My Father name is Thomas Lubanga from Congo. Am a refugee in Ghana presently in refugee camp i cannot go to Congo because of the war that is still going on, i succeeded to escaping to Ghana with part of my father money worth the sum of $1.5 million which i want to invest in western world. The money is presently in a hotel here in Ghana, i was formally staying at the hotel when i first got to Ghana, i decided to keep the trunk box with the hotel manager before i went to the refugee camp for safe keeping, because i was afraid, but he dont know the content in it, it has been there for sometime. The deal is this, I want you to stand as my dad and i will introduce the hotel manager to you and you make arrangement to claim it as my dad and i start sending you the money via western union and you make arrangement for me to come over to your country and we will both invest the money together for our mutual benefit. Please dont disappoint me so that i can be out of the refugee camp and start living a good life. I await your response. God bless you and your family. yours faithfully Robert Lubanga
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone see the slight flaw in this request?

Originally Posted by Wol

Dear Friend, First and foremost i must seek your strict confidence, Let me introduce myself to you, my name is Robert Lubanga from Democratic Republic of Congo. My Father name is Thomas Lubanga from Congo. Am a refugee in Ghana presently in refugee camp i cannot go to Congo because of the war that is still going on, i succeeded to escaping to Ghana with part of my father money worth the sum of $1.5 million which i want to invest in western world. The money is presently in a hotel here in Ghana, i was formally staying at the hotel when i first got to Ghana, i decided to keep the trunk box with the hotel manager before i went to the refugee camp for safe keeping, because i was afraid, but he dont know the content in it, it has been there for sometime. The deal is this, I want you to stand as my dad and i will introduce the hotel manager to you and you make arrangement to claim it as my dad and i start sending you the money via western union and you make arrangement for me to come over to your country and we will both invest the money together for our mutual benefit. Please dont disappoint me so that i can be out of the refugee camp and start living a good life. I await your response. God bless you and your family. yours faithfully Robert Lubanga
sounds legit

go for it
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:38 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

No, seems legit.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:39 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I'd do it, but I'm a bit too far away at the moment..
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:40 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

You need to cut out the middle man. Contact the hotel directly and pretend to be Robert Lubanga; you know about the trunk and what's in it. Sorted.
Old Aug 28th 2014, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

What flaw?
Old Aug 28th 2014, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, first flaw "Dear Friend"

How impersonal
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:01 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Democratic Republic of the Congo and Congo are 2 different countries.

BB
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:02 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

There's the issue that if you are standing as his Dad you might be the wrong colour.....

BB
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:05 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
There's the issue that if you are standing as his Dad you might be the wrong colour.....

BB
Bingo!
Old Aug 28th 2014, 10:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Bingo!
Ah, but Mr Lubanga could be mixed race
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:03 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol

The worrying thing about this one is the author doesn't appear to want the victim to send him money, he wants the victim to meet him in Ghana, something which is far more sinister and dangerous.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:38 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by paulry
The worrying thing about this one is the author doesn't appear to want the victim to send him money, he wants the victim to meet him in Ghana, something which is far more sinister and dangerous.
Damn - I've booked my flight.....
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:52 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Damn - I've booked my flight.....

These are well worth a read if you have some time to spare:

What's the Bloody Point?

People baiting the scammers, and in some cases getting the better of them!

S
Old Aug 29th 2014, 10:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

There's also this long running thread in TIO which is quite funny.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.