Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Oz with sinusitis/sinus problems...

Anyone in Oz with sinusitis/sinus problems...

Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:27 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone in Oz with sinusitis/sinus problems...

I just wondered if anyone with persistent sinusitis had noticed any improvement or otherwise since they moved to Oz? It’s on my mind at the moment as I’ve now been stuffed up more or less permanently since before Christmas. I take OTC decongestants as the doc reckons there’s no point in giving me any more antibiotics. The weather here doesn’t seem to help and on Sunday particularly it was bad as the air pressure was very high (we had lightning along with the snow!). I had a splitting headache all day until the weather finally broke and it snowed etc.

We're planning on living in Sydney/surrounds and I wonder if the humidity etc will be a good or bad thing.

Thanks!

Tx
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Oz with sinusitis/sinus problems...

I used to suffer really badly with sinusitis, every cold or sniffle resulted in weeks of agony. Since being here I've had nothing. Get a cold, it goes away and nothing! Bliss. Don't know why though. A woman I work with has the worse sinusitis all the time. Weird
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:41 am
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

ooh, lets hope I fall into your camp then and not your colleagues! It's a total pain in the a$$ here, I get it for weeks and weeks on end!
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

I get it worse here especially when it's humid, also when i have been in the car with the aircon on. Can't win either way
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TMRE
I get it worse here especially when it's humid, also when i have been in the car with the aircon on. Can't win either way
i have terrible problems with my sinuses and have to take beconase spray all year round, in winter for my sinuses and in summer for the hayfever. as soon as i get a cold i'm in agony with them. I hope i am in the get better camp when we move over
Old Feb 5th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

I used to get real bad sinusitis and hayfever in the UK. Since we've been either - nothing
Old Feb 5th 2009, 8:12 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RedT
I just wondered if anyone with persistent sinusitis had noticed any improvement or otherwise since they moved to Oz? It’s on my mind at the moment as I’ve now been stuffed up more or less permanently since before Christmas. I take OTC decongestants as the doc reckons there’s no point in giving me any more antibiotics. The weather here doesn’t seem to help and on Sunday particularly it was bad as the air pressure was very high (we had lightning along with the snow!). I had a splitting headache all day until the weather finally broke and it snowed etc.

We're planning on living in Sydney/surrounds and I wonder if the humidity etc will be a good or bad thing.

Thanks!

Tx
My Mum suffers and loves it out here as symptoms go although I live near the Ocean. Not sure how those near bushland go and whether their systems start getting affected by the different plant irritants here.
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:29 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

Tx
I sympathise: I've always suffered from chronic sinusitis and virtaully lived on antibiotics for decades - they had no longterm effect.

Since moving here it's been 1000% better - I can't see why, because in the winter the weather is much the same as the South UK: very cold, damp etc. Perhaps the altitude takes some of the nastiness away?
Old Feb 5th 2009, 11:58 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Thanks!

Tx
I have the same problem, in fact I am suffering right now!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:04 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

My OH never had sinus problems in the UK but since being in OZ he has constant sinus problems.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:13 am
Just Joined

galwaykoala has a brilliant futuregalwaykoala has a brilliant futuregalwaykoala has a brilliant futuregalwaykoala has a brilliant futuregalwaykoala has a brilliant futuregalwaykoala has a brilliant futuregalwaykoala has a brilliant future

Sorry don't have an instant remedy.....but if you take a spoonful of honey everyday (manuka honey if you can afford it) it will get rid of it. Best to start in winter and build up a resistance for spring time when the pollen is highest. Not sure why it works but it does.....something to do with the honey bees and the pollen!!!!
Old Feb 6th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

My OH had sinus problems in Perth but not in Sydney or Queensland.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

Graham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to allGraham and Maria is a name known to all

Never had it in the UK but I do now, over Chistmas I was actually in a lot of pain because of it.

I blame the aircon to be honest (nose gets stuffy at work everyday), but I also live in bushland so I could be wrong.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:04 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

I have had problem with my sinus since i was a kid. About 3 years ago it got really bad. Turned out i had a polyp inside my nose. Had a an op to remove it in September. No worries. But still have the occasional sinus problem.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 9:22 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I know that Goerdie@Oz has man flu, does that count. He couldn't even make our BBQ tonight. Ah well, more for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.