Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?

Anyone own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?

Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Question Anyone own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?

Just looking for some feed back on this vehicle. I really like what I see but am looking for personal experiences, good and bad. The unlimited model has only been around since 2007.

I am aware that in the comfort and noise deparment the jeep isn't up there but doesn't worry me.

Bruce
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited?

Originally Posted by bruce67
Just looking for some feed back on this vehicle. I really like what I see but am looking for personal experiences, good and bad. The unlimited model has only been around since 2007.

I am aware that in the comfort and noise deparment the jeep isn't up there but doesn't worry me.

Bruce
Isn't that the gay car?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Isn't that the gay car?
Yes. I believe people who drive them are very happy!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

You don't need car advice ........ but I can recommend a good optician
Old Mar 29th 2009, 12:49 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MartinH
You don't need car advice ........ but I can recommend a good optician
That is unfair. Every hairdresser I know has great eyesight
Old Mar 29th 2009, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Graham Norton . . . erm . . . Julian Clary . . . (etc etc etc)
Old Mar 29th 2009, 10:33 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

AVOID! AVOID!

I believe this is the car which my buddy bought in the US last year. It looks OK, but it's incredibly noisy, jerky/pitchy (high centre of gravity), and it's *abysmal* on petrol -> 12 mpg on a good day! Plus, it's an American car, with all the quality and efficiency that suggests.

I am sure that some people love them, but having seen his car, I'd never buy one somewhere where petrol and imported cars are expensive. OTOH, I am not an owner, and maybe they're great off-road for people that actually do that so...

You may have more luck here: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/

Last edited by lapin_windstar; Mar 29th 2009 at 10:39 am.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Graham Norton . . . erm . . . Julian Clary . . . (etc etc etc)
My Nephew drives one a¨Renagade¨ i think and he looks a right Mincer
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
AVOID! AVOID!

I believe this is the car which my buddy bought in the US last year. It looks OK, but it's incredibly noisy, jerky/pitchy (high centre of gravity), and it's *abysmal* on petrol -> 12 mpg on a good day! Plus, it's an American car, with all the quality and efficiency that suggests.

I am sure that some people love them, but having seen his car, I'd never buy one somewhere where petrol and imported cars are expensive. OTOH, I am not an owner, and maybe they're great off-road for people that actually do that so...

You may have more luck here: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/
Thanks for the only useful feed back, I guess this is all I'll get. I was looking at the diesel which 10l/100km which is average for 4X4 these days. The 4 door hard top is also supposed to be an improvement on earlier models.

Bruce
Old Mar 31st 2009, 12:35 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

That could be true - he had the petrol engine (and the US spec, if that makes a difference), so with a non-US diesel you would hope for much better efficiency. I believe he had the four-door hardtop though - struggling to remember now, I am afraid. Also, in fairness I should say that I was only a passenger, never an owner (but I wouldn't own another American car in a hurry).

I suppose the comparison is to a real 4x4, rather than a big fat minivan on 26" wheels, which is what the SUVs are now...