British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Anyone leaving For OZ in April?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/anyone-leaving-oz-april-520232/)

the4macs Mar 9th 2008 10:33 am

Anyone leaving For OZ in April??

Hi everyone
haven't been on for a while since we got our visa granted,so just wanted to check was any of you flying out to Brisbane in April?
We leave from Dublin on the 15th of April stopover in Singapore for 3 nights and arrive in Brisbane on Sunday the 20th:thumbsup:
It's just been manic since the visa was granted it just all becomes so real the panic has certainly set in and im just hoping the nerves hold up for the next few weeks.I have to say we are all very excited as well and really looking foward to our new life down under:D
Well goodluck to everyone in the same boat as us and maybe we might bump into you all at the airport[forgot to say we connect at Heathrow] :lol:
Take care
Andrea

mands Mar 9th 2008 10:36 am

Re: Anyone leaving For OZ in April??

Originally Posted by the4macs (Post 6037556)
Hi everyone
haven't been on for a while since we got our visa granted,so just wanted to check was any of you flying out to Brisbane in April?
We leave from Dublin on the 15th of April stopover in Singapore for 3 nights and arrive in Brisbane on Sunday the 20th:thumbsup:
It's just been manic since the visa was granted it just all becomes so real the panic has certainly set in and im just hoping the nerves hold up for the next few weeks.I have to say we are all very excited as well and really looking foward to our new life down under:D
Well goodluck to everyone in the same boat as us and maybe we might bump into you all at the airport[forgot to say we connect at Heathrow] :lol:
Take care
Andrea

Were off on the 16th,flying from heathrow and only having a short stopover in singapore.

the4macs Mar 9th 2008 10:42 am

What part are you going to? were off to Bayside area of brisbane around Wellington point/birkdale not quite sure yet the children are going to school in that area:thumbsup:so hopefully we will get a rental close by.

mands Mar 9th 2008 11:05 am

Originally Posted by the4macs (Post 6037584)
What part are you going to? were off to Bayside area of brisbane around Wellington point/birkdale not quite sure yet the children are going to school in that area:thumbsup:so hopefully we will get a rental close by.

We are heading for melbourne, as we have state sponsership for there, but after 2 years we can move else where..so who know's were we end up..

brissydeb Mar 9th 2008 11:12 am

Hi everyone
Take care
Andrea

Hi Andrea

We leave on the 30th of March and arrive in Brisbane on Sunday the 20th. Can't wait!!!:thumbsup:

Debbie

the4macs Mar 9th 2008 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by brissydeb (Post 6037678)
Hi Andrea

We leave on the 30th of March and arrive in Brisbane on Sunday the 20th. Can't wait!!!:thumbsup:

Debbie

Hi Debbie
you must be doing a long stopover or going aroung the world before you arrive:lol: lucky you:thumbsup:
We thought 3 nights would do us in Singapore if its only to relax a bit and get us and the kids over the jetlag before the final destination:eek:

Andrea

Wheeler-Jones Mar 9th 2008 12:32 pm

I am leaving for Oz from Heathrow on 26th April, but doing a little 6 weeks trip via Hong Kong and NZ to catch up with friends and family.

If anyone is flying Air NZ via Hong Kong let me know :)

I only get into Brisbane on the 1st of June though (then meet up with the hubby on the 2nd). Cant wait.

I am really excited that I can now say that I am leaving NEXT month!!!!

Good luck to all!

scousercarol Mar 9th 2008 1:00 pm

Hi,

We leave Manchester 14th April and arrive in Brisbane 24th April, absolutely manic at the moment! So much to do! I just I had a magic wand and it could all be done :thumbsup:

kazandjim Mar 9th 2008 2:08 pm

Hi,

We leave on the17th April from Glasgow and arrive 19th April at Brisbane.

Can't wait
Karen :D:D

Kooky. Mar 9th 2008 2:20 pm

Me! I hope, although at the very end of April and I'm skipping the UK to SIN bit, landing in Sydney. Also planning a week's looksee around Easter time, if my husband can get away from work.

And I'm so fed up of doing my household inventory... :blink:

ausi dream Mar 9th 2008 2:34 pm

Hi everyone
Take care
Andrea

wish i was going in april.

Sparky wife Mar 9th 2008 2:49 pm

We're off on the 16th April from Heathrow, stopping over at Singapore for 4 1/2 hours then on to Adelaide.

Hi Mands. :)

barnsleydave Mar 9th 2008 3:24 pm

Am departing Manchester on 5 April and stop at Dubai and Singapore en-route to Brisbane with Emirates.

katsmajic Mar 9th 2008 4:04 pm

Were going april 15th - land in adelaide on the 17th....with singapore air.

laudami Mar 9th 2008 7:35 pm

WE ARE!!! WE HAVE JUST SOLD OUR HOME THIS WEEKEND AT LONG LAST HOW STRESSFULL! WERE BOOKING OUR FLIGHTS THIS WEEK FOR THE 1ST WEEK IN APRIL SO ONLY 3 WEEKS TO GO-GOD WE HAVE SO MUCH TO GET SORTED! WERE OFF TO THE SUNNY COAST BUT NO STOPOVER THIS TIME JUST GETTING STRAIGHT OUT THERE-GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:thumbsup: