Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone know much about pool solar heating?

Anyone know much about pool solar heating?

Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Anyone know much about pool solar heating?

Pump won't cut in - driving me nuts! :curse:
Old Oct 11th 2009, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone know much about pool solar heating?

Check to see if you have power at the pump first - if not then it's
likely to be a faulty thermistor ( think electronic thermostat that switches pump on - only when temperature of solar heated water above a set temperature)
Old Oct 11th 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rossi
Check to see if you have power at the pump first - if not then it's
likely to be a faulty thermistor ( think electronic thermostat that switches pump on - only when temperature of solar heated water above a set temperature)
Thanks for replying Rossi.

I thought of mains or thermostat as you say. But the only thing that confuses me is this:

Just fitted new roof sensor and cable as was getting broken circuit message code on the box. That's reading ok now - but surely I can't be unlucky to have the mains or thermostat go at the same bloody time?

or could the two be linked?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 12:21 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe in coincidences - is there a "reset" button somewhere?
Old Oct 12th 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wol
I don't believe in coincidences - is there a "reset" button somewhere?
Kind of. You switch between winter and summer modes - plus I've unplugged it a few times......
Old Oct 12th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy
Thanks for replying Rossi.

I thought of mains or thermostat as you say. But the only thing that confuses me is this:

Just fitted new roof sensor and cable as was getting broken circuit message code on the box. That's reading ok now - but surely I can't be unlucky to have the mains or thermostat go at the same bloody time?

or could the two be linked?
bypass the stat see if it comes on then
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:38 am
Forum Regular

SORTED IT!

Anyone need advice on an Aquatight V2 system, I'm a bl00dy expert now.

Thanks again for your replies.

Big Baz
Old Oct 15th 2009, 5:52 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

SORTED IT!

Anyone need advice on an Aquatight V2 system, I'm a bl00dy expert now.

Thanks again for your replies.

Big Baz
Well, come on! What fixed it?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wol
Well, come on! What fixed it?
Well would you believe, from the entire troubleshooting guide, internet information, online forums and speaking with my regular pool guy AND the bloke who actually installed the thing 2 years ago - NOTHING had the correct answer.

Then, clutching at straws last night, I decided to take the box apart and wiggle a few wires. Again - no joy, but on the circuit board I noticed a small sticker with a Melbourne telephone number of the electronics firm that build the electrics for Aquatight.

Phoned them today, and although not a general public line, a very helpful women put me through to this boffin who ran me through a specific - "hold this button for 4 seconds, turn off, turn on with this other button held for 3 seconds etc etc etc"

Bob's your Unce - Fanny's your Aunt
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone know much about pool solar heating?

Well would you believe, from the entire troubleshooting guide, internet information, online forums and speaking with my regular pool guy AND the bloke who actually installed the thing 2 years ago - NOTHING had the correct answer.

Then, clutching at straws last night, I decided to take the box apart and wiggle a few wires. Again - no joy, but on the circuit board I noticed a small sticker with a Melbourne telephone number of the electronics firm that build the electrics for Aquatight.

Phoned them today, and although not a general public line, a very helpful women put me through to this boffin who ran me through a specific - "hold this button for 4 seconds, turn off, turn on with this other button held for 3 seconds etc etc etc"

Bob's your Unce - Fanny's your Aunt
Thats some reset button, I hope youve made a note off it for when we get stuck!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ronnie98
Thats some reset button, I hope youve made a note off it for when we get stuck!
Not so much a reset as "switching the mode between two types of available software" according to this boff. He's on my Xmas card list either way!

Where in Peterborough are you Ronnie? We lived in Orton Longueville and Werrington for 9 years.