Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone heading into Sydney

Anyone heading into Sydney

Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:39 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone heading into Sydney

For the family fireworks on NY eve? 9pm I think, but things happening all day.

Just wondering where to park... Any suggestions?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

khoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant futurekhoardiroy has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone heading into Sydney

Drive to a suburb with a station and get the train. Parking is difficult at the best of times....or stay in the mountains and watch the local display - catching the boring sydney one on every channel the next day as you nurse your hangover. Happy Hogmanny
Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:55 am
Account Closed

Yeah, thinking of the train too. Perhaps Paramatta.

There's a local display? First I've heard of it... I haven't actually checked.

I don't think this years will be boring to be honest... the kids will love it, but we'll see. We may not go. Just chewing the idea over.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

We're heading to the Botanical Gardens but are catching the train as ours are running more frequently than normal rush hour through to 3am the next morning then still every 15 minutes with a 10 minute gap between the last on New Years Eve and first on New Years Day.

There are signs everywhere saying use public transport and lots of CBD road closures so as someone else has said use public transport and just drive to a local station. CityRail are doing special fares for New Years Eve so they are more of a train travelcard for the day rather than a return ticket, check out their website for details of their train timetable for the night.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:12 am
Account Closed

Thanks spotty. Will do.

I am just looking at the weather forecast. It's not good.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:29 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Yeah, thinking of the train too. Perhaps Paramatta.

There's a local display? First I've heard of it... I haven't actually checked.

I don't think this years will be boring to be honest... the kids will love it, but we'll see. We may not go. Just chewing the idea over.
I think there may be fireworks in Parramatta if you don't fancy getting a train into the city....

Just checked the paper, and yes, there are fireworks and entertainment in Parramatta. Prince Albert Park, Victoria Rd. From 6pm. Website: parracity.nsw.gov.au
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Thanks Chels. I'll check it out. There's nothing quite like the coathanger though...
Old Dec 30th 2006, 9:29 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Chels. I'll check it out. There's nothing quite like the coathanger though...
Yes, you're right there - I love fireworks and I think the Sydney Harbour ones are just fantastic (even better than Fireworks Night on Blackheath back in England! And that's saying something...). If things go to plan, I won't be seeing them this year as I'll be in the Royal National Park and looking at stars instead, if it's not too cloudy
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:06 am
SuzieB

blowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of lightblowers is a glorious beacon of light

Make me envious, why don't you??!!
Forecast gales and lashing rain for London fireworks

For the family fireworks on NY eve? 9pm I think, but things happening all day.

Just wondering where to park... Any suggestions?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

Oh blowers, sorry! Look on the bright side... it will probably be a wash out. It's been raining all week in Aus somewhere!