Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone had a hernia op?

Anyone had a hernia op?

Old Aug 23rd 2012, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone had a hernia op?

Originally Posted by cresta57
Lol I've had trouble with my shoulder since Christmas, had a couple of cortisone injections into the soft tissue. I've been favouring my left arm as much as possible & that has contributed in it's own way to the hernia. I was carrying boxes of tiles into a house when one of the boxes split open. Most of the weight on my left arm with my right doing a balancing job. I stumbled forward & felt a tearing sensation. The rest is history...............
I think I got mine from acute bouts of hayfever sneezing. I tried to get workers comp on the first op,, as I worked outside as a Meter reader at the time and that contributed in a big way to the hayfever. Sadly I didnt get the workers comp. Second time round not sure how it happened I just felt a strange lump... where a lump isnt supposed to be.... The experience of the first Hernia made me realise I had a bit of leeway to use the time off to my benefit... hence the World Cup Timing... I'm still chuffed I managed that.... I think I've related on here in the past about the last world Cup and a voluntary cosmetic Eye Op I had lined up, chickened out as I realised I would be conscious, which gave me the heebie geebies.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone had a hernia op?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Hmmm I never had anything like that:
Nor did I, for obvious reasons

You might not be too bad - the recovery time (obviously) depends on the size and position of the hernia.