Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else Having a Bad Day!!

Anyone Else Having a Bad Day!!

Old Nov 28th 2007, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice
Default Anyone Else Having a Bad Day!!

Been here two weeks now and our furniture arrived on the 16th Nov with Allied Pickfords to Brisbane.

Got a letter this morning to say a couple of things had being found in the container that were coated with something that could not enter, fine destroy it.

Now just had a call to say Customs have decided to do a complete container empty this Monday morning. They are emptying every box and x- raying it. Apparently it is all over in a day and paper work sent the next day, so not sure why the delay could be over 4 weeks, which is what I have just been told.So looks like we could be without all our goods for Christmas, which was the whole point of having no furniture for the two months before we left UK. Parents also arrive on the 18th so that is not good either as like I said we have no furniture.

Now for the stupid thing we did. Having a 3 year old boy whose birthday is 4 days before Christmas, all his presents off family and us are in the container as well as all his Christmas presents. The thought of it not arriving in time now is really upsetting. He has had a really rough time with lots of illness and hospitals with his last operation only a few weeks ago.

Anyone else had this happen and give me a little light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Kat
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:13 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone Else Having a Bad Day!!

Originally Posted by GaryKristensen
Been here two weeks now and our furniture arrived on the 16th Nov with Allied Pickfords to Brisbane.

Got a letter this morning to say a couple of things had being found in the container that were coated with something that could not enter, fine destroy it.

Now just had a call to say Customs have decided to do a complete container empty this Monday morning. They are emptying every box and x- raying it. Apparently it is all over in a day and paper work sent the next day, so not sure why the delay could be over 4 weeks, which is what I have just been told.So looks like we could be without all our goods for Christmas, which was the whole point of having no furniture for the two months before we left UK. Parents also arrive on the 18th so that is not good either as like I said we have no furniture.

Now for the stupid thing we did. Having a 3 year old boy whose birthday is 4 days before Christmas, all his presents off family and us are in the container as well as all his Christmas presents. The thought of it not arriving in time now is really upsetting. He has had a really rough time with lots of illness and hospitals with his last operation only a few weeks ago.

Anyone else had this happen and give me a little light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Kat
Oh Kat, what a horrible position to be in. In your position I'd be trying to get a hold of someone at AQIS to find out for def what's going on.

Good luck

Gill
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:27 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Kat
Kat,

Will speak to you tonight but may have a suggestion re the no furniture problem. Chin up - things will get better

Nicola
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Oh Kat, what a horrible position to be in. In your position I'd be trying to get a hold of someone at AQIS to find out for def what's going on.

Good luck

Gill

Ditto what Gill said. Explain to them that your little uns presents are in there and ask if they could find it in their hearts to at least let you have them as soon as possible.

Sending you good luck K
Old Nov 28th 2007, 4:44 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

We just withdrew treatment on a one year old and she is on her way to heaven(or wherever),her parents are about to have a VERY BAD DAY

Surely customs will at least give you the toys , you could always send Soapy and some of the scots lads round to bamboosil them with their pish.Two minutes of that lot they might even give you the furniture as well
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

GaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really niceGaryKristensen is just really nice

Thanks for the replies, have pestered them this afternoon and they told me to call back on Tuesday after the inspection.

Ah well life could be worse I suppose, could have the husband home with me all day everyday, now that would be bad!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

So you spoil your lad big time on his birthday and then when the stuff is delivered, he has another birthday - just like the queen.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:50 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Kat
Aw you poor things, i really feel for you. Our countainer was held for 4 extra weeks at customs because items were stolen from it, so they had to do finger prints which took ages.
If you keep ringing them and insist you get your stuff before Xmas, then they may let you have it. Just keep pestering them. I had to ring them up all the time, eventually got it back abit quicker.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

That seems to be our way of thinking now trying to find a company who will build us a wooden garden thing in time for Christmas and just have a few small gifts for his birthday as the container has loads in for him for both events off us and grandparents.

I intend to pester everyday from Tuesday when the container has had it's check. I did manage to get the woman handling our container to feel sorry for me so that is a start.

xx

Last edited by GaryKristensen; Nov 28th 2007 at 7:54 am.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:15 pm
markj

painter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nicepainter man is just really nice

I hope it works out for you,good luck