Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyone built a tennis court?

Anyone built a tennis court?

Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:08 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone built a tennis court?

Similar to this kind of thing. Multi purpose surface.

Was wondering what the costs would be.

Ste
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:18 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone built a tennis court?

My next door neighbours-to-be at the block have just built one almost identical to that with the lights and everything.

If I get the opportunity I'll ask them the cost although I don't want to seem nosy.

Buzzy
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone built a tennis court?

Hey Ste

You planning on opening a holiday resort
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:38 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ste,

No expert but I would say in the ball park of bloody expensive.

I was thinking of building a tennis court, nothing as fancy just a bit of turf, but I don't really like tennis.

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Similar to this kind of thing. Multi purpose surface.

http://www.multisports.com.au/upload...ting_ezg_1.jpg

Was wondering what the costs would be.

Ste
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:53 pm

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

Time for a mental image....
Attached Thumbnails Anyone built a tennis court?-tennis-anyone.jpg  
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:34 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
My next door neighbours-to-be at the block have just built one almost identical to that with the lights and everything.

If I get the opportunity I'll ask them the cost although I don't want to seem nosy.

Buzzy
Cheers Appreciate that !!

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey Ste

You planning on opening a holiday resort
LMAO no... Kids want a Tennis Court, I need prices to NOT justify one !

Originally Posted by themerlin
Hi Ste,

No expert but I would say in the ball park of bloody expensive.

I was thinking of building a tennis court, nothing as fancy just a bit of turf, but I don't really like tennis.
Yer I last played, in 1978 lol

Originally Posted by >Trigger<
Time for a mental image....
That was me in 1978 !
Old Mar 17th 2008, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Cheers Appreciate that !!

LMAO no... Kids want a Tennis Court, I need prices to NOT justify one !

Yer I last played, in 1978 lol

That was me in 1978 !
FFS just heard on Fox news that the IOC has cancelled the Beijing olympics and would like to hold them at yours instead
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:54 am
Banned

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
FFS just heard on Fox news that the IOC has cancelled the Beijing olympics and would like to hold them at yours instead
PMSL ! Twot
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:20 am
Banned

I got a reply, regarding the tennis court !! That court in the pic above... gulp ( ping pong table here we come )

*extract of email.

Hi Steve,

Our normal court size is 33m x 16m and our normal court base is an engineered designed road base base with synthetic grass surface.

The court depicted in the photo is a concrete and acrylic surface.

Road base court with 3m fence 4 x 1000 watt pole lighting system net posts and net (excluding rebound wall and earthworks) is approx $55,000 inc GST

Concrete court with 3m fence 4 x 1000 watt pole lighting system net posts and net (excluding rebound wall and earthworks) is approx $63,000 inc GST

We do have a lower cost 6 x 400watt pole system which is neighbour friendly and approved by the council would save you around $2000 .

Side swing basketball system supplied and installed is approx $5,300 inc

For our company to provide an accurate quotation on the earthworks component, I would need to inspect the site.

I can drop in and see the proposed site at your convenience

Thanks for your enquiry

Ray

Kids will be pleased !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:01 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

So are you getting him round to do a site inspection then?? If you did have it built what do you think (knowing what my daughter is like) the chances are that the kids would use it a few times & once the novelty wore off - never use it again!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
So are you getting him round to do a site inspection then?? If you did have it built what do you think (knowing what my daughter is like) the chances are that the kids would use it a few times & once the novelty wore off - never use it again!!
I reckon twice lol !!!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 10:15 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Awww sorry mate, I've just lobbed our ping pong net. Still got the paddles if you want them A house up our way has a tennis court and no swimming pool so I stupidly assumed they must be cheaper
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Awww sorry mate, I've just lobbed our ping pong net. Still got the paddles if you want them A house up our way has a tennis court and no swimming pool so I stupidly assumed they must be cheaper
Staggering isnt it.

I mean the quote he gave is for the rolls royce kinda job, but if you look excludes all excavation and earth works...

So a tad closer to 80-90k me thinks !!!

FARK !!! I felt like replying saying, Oi my name aint Boris Bleedin Becker !