Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anyody got an ipod touch?

Anyody got an ipod touch?

Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyody got an ipod touch?

I'm considering buying an ipod touch and wondered if anyone already had one and had an opinion on it.

Jazzys
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:24 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyody got an ipod touch?

Originally Posted by jazzys
I'm considering buying an ipod touch and wondered if anyone already had one and had an opinion on it.

Jazzys
Depends. I've had one for a couple of years. It's more of a gimmick than anything in my opinion. The aps are pretty cool, which make use of the accelerometre. Otherwise it's just an mp3 player with a touch screen. If you already have an mp3 player then I would question the need for one. I got mine as a gift and although I was grateful Ifelt like I wouldn't really make good use of it
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Depends. I've had one for a couple of years. It's more of a gimmick than anything in my opinion. The aps are pretty cool, which make use of the accelerometre. Otherwise it's just an mp3 player with a touch screen. If you already have an mp3 player then I would question the need for one. I got mine as a gift and although I was grateful Ifelt like I wouldn't really make good use of it
can't you use it to surf the internet etc?

Jazzys
Old Jul 18th 2009, 6:37 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

can't you use it to surf the internet etc?

Jazzys
You could, but I find it a bl00dy nuissance to view pages on the screen. Plus you would need to be connected to a wifi network. I suppose for my personal circumstances I have a smart phone for when I am on the go, which allows me internet access (if I really need it) and when I am at home I have my laptop connected to my home wifi network.

The iPhone though is a different proposition IMO. I can see the attraction to that as it is a smartphone (ish) and iTouch in one
Old Jul 18th 2009, 4:18 pm
In Perth & Loving it...

aus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud ofaus2be_OH has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Anyody got an ipod touch?

I have a 1st generation iPod Touch. I think it's great. I use it to view Video Podcasts (look great on the larger screen), listen to radio podcasts from the UK (Jonathan Ross), MP3 player obviously, play some good games on it too (Bejeweled 2 is sooo addictive).

Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know this might sound sad, but can you actually use the internet on it. what i mean is could i post on expats or facebook from it?

Jazzys
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

I know this might sound sad, but can you actually use the internet on it. what i mean is could i post on expats or facebook from it?

Jazzys
Yep you can.

Hubby got one just before we flew to Oz last October. Still not quite sure why he HAD to have one though (& why I can't have one). He loves it, takes it everywhere with him. Has tons of music stored on it, uses it for games, etc & uses it from browsing the internet, checking emails, etc.

He got it on a really good deal. He upgraded my Macbook & got his ipod virtually free plus we got a new printer/scanner as well. Think Apple are doing a similar deal at the moment as I know he keeps saying we need to upgrade his Mac (which we don't).

Have to say though we are Apple fans & if they made toasters we'd probably own one

Alison x
Old Jul 18th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by al150n
Yep you can.

Hubby got one just before we flew to Oz last October. Still not quite sure why he HAD to have one though (& why I can't have one). He loves it, takes it everywhere with him. Has tons of music stored on it, uses it for games, etc & uses it from browsing the internet, checking emails, etc.

He got it on a really good deal. He upgraded my Macbook & got his ipod virtually free plus we got a new printer/scanner as well. Think Apple are doing a similar deal at the moment as I know he keeps saying we need to upgrade his Mac (which we don't).

Have to say though we are Apple fans & if they made toasters we'd probably own one

Alison x
Thanks alison, wonder if there's anew one due out, cos i don't really need one until xmas.

Jazzys
Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you have to be in a wireless environment to get to browse the internet? Finding one of them could be a tad tricky when you need it unless you really want to spend your days in Maccas. If you get an iphone then you will be able to do your Facebooking anywhere and everywhere.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isn't that quite expensive to do on the iphone?

Jazzys
Old Jul 18th 2009, 11:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't that quite expensive to do on the iphone?

Jazzys
All depends on what data allowance you get.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 12:41 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

We bought my eldest one for his Xmas, and it is great - to be honest i use it more than him! You need to be able to access a wifi network, but we have wifi in the house, so not a problem. I have a smart phone, so i can access the internet from that, but the ipod touch is just so much more pleasing to use and look at!
Old Jul 19th 2009, 8:28 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by quoll
Dont you have to be in a wireless environment to get to browse the internet? Finding one of them could be a tad tricky when you need it unless you really want to spend your days in Maccas. If you get an iphone then you will be able to do your Facebooking anywhere and everywhere.
correct. It's not like an iPhone where you can get a data allowance. You have to be within a wireless hotspot and be authorised to access it
Old Aug 2nd 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Thanks alison, wonder if there's anew one due out, cos i don't really need one until xmas.

Jazzys
There are rumours of a new itouch being released possibly September (after the educational discounts have stopped).

Alison x
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by al150n
There are rumours of a new itouch being released possibly September (after the educational discounts have stopped).

Alison x

What educational discounts? And where are you getting your rumours from?

Thanks
Jazzys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.