Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any other shift workers out there? Let off steam here!!

Any other shift workers out there? Let off steam here!!

Old Nov 14th 2012, 12:45 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any other shift workers out there? Let off steam here!!

Originally Posted by eddie007
Yup... Worked shifts til this job.... Hate days... Love night.... Like to be busy but in a dimmed setting.... If that makes sense...
Makes perfect sense,yer off the streets
Old Nov 14th 2012, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
For me I found it was very super stressed, but i got to do a lot more than day staff did as there just weren't that many other senior people around. Nights were usually quiet and peaceful only until mayhem broke out.
Summed it up in a nutshell.... I liked nights because the clipboards werent as present.... One can easily tame a single duty nurse manager... On days one tends to be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of pen pushers
Old Nov 14th 2012, 9:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Summed it up in a nutshell.... I liked nights because the clipboards werent as present.... One can easily tame a single duty nurse manager... On days one tends to be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of pen pushers
+1

We also manage to get more done on nights without interference and every man and his dog thinking they have to put their two pennies worth in - Clipboards not present - like it
Old Nov 14th 2012, 10:56 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently, you might start to get depressed if you work in bright lights when you're doing night shifts ... linky here.
Old Nov 14th 2012, 11:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
Apparently, you might start to get depressed if you work in bright lights when you're doing night shifts ... linky here.
Perfect, that's the kind of thing I was after, the reaction of the body to light at night - which as shown here leads to a rise in stress levels
Old Nov 15th 2012, 2:59 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Perfect, that's the kind of thing I was after, the reaction of the body to light at night - which as shown here leads to a rise in stress levels
How goes the battle?
Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
How goes the battle?
Off till Tuesday so am now assembling info for a fresh ioffensive next week! He was a bit quiet this morning at the end of the shift after I asked if he was really sure about the wording in a report he'd written - not sure what the boss said but somehow between the 4am report and the 6am version there was a drastic rewrite being done at his desk, scaling it back to my original version Also wondered how I'd managed to get through the whole night without triggering the lights to come on full - those extra few steps are worth it
Old Nov 15th 2012, 4:13 am

Off till Tuesday so am now assembling info for a fresh ioffensive next week! He was a bit quiet this morning at the end of the shift after I asked if he was really sure about the wording in a report he'd written - not sure what the boss said but somehow between the 4am report and the 6am version there was a drastic rewrite being done at his desk, scaling it back to my original version Also wondered how I'd managed to get through the whole night without triggering the lights to come on full - those extra few steps are worth it
Gave the bright lights effects a google and found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-illumination.

When you read it, about half way down you get "Health effects of over-illumination or improper spectral composition of light include increased headache incidence, worker fatigue, medically defined stress, decrease in sexual function and increase in anxiety."

Your colleague may be interested in the highlighted bit
Old Nov 15th 2012, 11:31 am
Home and Happy

Gave the bright lights effects a google and found this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-illumination.

When you read it, about half way down you get "Health effects of over-illumination or improper spectral composition of light include increased headache incidence, worker fatigue, medically defined stress, decrease in sexual function and increase in anxiety."

Noooooo!!! The last thing I want to be thinking about when doing a night shioft with him is any kind of sexual function
Might share it with the other staff for a laugh though....!!!
Old Nov 18th 2012, 3:02 am
Home and Happy

Now doing an overtime shift due to the weekend storms. Saturday's whopper knocked out the power here and they've been running on a generator all weekend - with minimum emergency lights!! The whole place is in darkness, including the kitchen, and we only have just enough light to work by

Unfortunately I'm with different people tonight, but the atmosphere is so much better, I shall be sure to mention it when I'm back on with Him
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:16 am

Now doing an overtime shift due to the weekend storms. Saturday's whopper knocked out the power here and they've been running on a generator all weekend - with minimum emergency lights!! The whole place is in darkness, including the kitchen, and we only have just enough light to work by

Unfortunately I'm with different people tonight, but the atmosphere is so much better, I shall be sure to mention it when I'm back on with Him
Have you beaten him down yet?
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Have you beaten him down yet?
He's a bit on the quiet side tonight, think he might have nodded off
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:07 am

He's a bit on the quiet side tonight, think he might have nodded off
THat's got to be less annoying then as long as he doesn't snore
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:31 am
Home and Happy

THat's got to be less annoying then as long as he doesn't snore
ah...well.......!!!! How did you guess
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 6:47 am

ah...well.......!!!! How did you guess
Typical huh

I'm nights tonight so gonna hope it's not me with the broken neck syndrome later as it's been a busy day. We do 12 hour shifts so only 11 1/4 to go. What time is finishing time Polly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.