Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any other QLD Scots going to Cleveland Hogmanay?

Any other QLD Scots going to Cleveland Hogmanay?

Old Dec 30th 2006, 1:30 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any other QLD Scots going to Cleveland Hogmanay?

Just wondered if any other BE people going to the Scots Hogmany in Clevland, nr Redland Bay?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 2:16 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any other QLD Scots going to Cleveland Hogmanay?

Originally Posted by wholeworldwindow
Just wondered if any other BE people going to the Scots Hogmany in Clevland, nr Redland Bay?
Nah, not this year. We're heaing off to another expats hoose for a piss up

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 30th 2006, 11:28 pm
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

wholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond reputewholeworldwindow has a reputation beyond repute

have you been before? Is it any good?
Old Dec 31st 2006, 3:41 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

have you been before? Is it any good?
No, It's our first year here.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

We are gonna head down, heard that you can take kids so its the only way im gonna get out.
Cheers
Suzanne
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:16 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Same situation for us really. Although not 100% sure we're going yet as we live a fair bit away. If you do see a Scotsman in a trad plaid (instead of usual kilt) and his wench, with 2 wanes in toe - gees a prod and say hello!
Old Dec 31st 2006, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Same situation for us really. Although not 100% sure we're going yet as we live a fair bit away. If you do see a Scotsman in a trad plaid (instead of usual kilt) and his wench, with 2 wanes in toe - gees a prod and say hello!

I will keep a look out for you, i am 100% sure that you will hear me and my 3 kids.
Cheers
Suzanne
Old Dec 31st 2006, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a hogmany in Cleveland???

Now you tell me

Nah, we'll just watch the fireworks on TV and fall asleep at 12:05, just so we can wake up again at 2am to feed the monster

JTL
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Theres a hogmany in Cleveland???

Now you tell me

Nah, we'll just watch the fireworks on TV and fall asleep at 12:05, just so we can wake up again at 2am to feed the monster

JTL
It used to be a fairly dry affair. Family orientated and all that.

WW
Old Dec 31st 2006, 12:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
It used to be a fairly dry affair. Family orientated and all that.

WW
In our old house in Ormiston we could watch the fireworks from the front garden.

I'm a bit stuffed this year, I supposed if I put the ladder on the roof I might be able to see the Brisbane fireworks. But then again, I might do a Rod Hull.

JTL
Old Jan 1st 2007, 12:33 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Apparently there were 2 of them! The people who organise it have had a row and split into 2 different Hogmanays. We went to the one at the Donald Simpson centre. I wonder if we picked the wrong one! We left at 9pm - mainly cos the bass player in the band was SHOCKING! I hope he didn't get paid dor that - lordy, I could have done a better job! He played in a different key all night! It was very dry - but I was expecting that - but I had hoped there would be more families rather than oap's. Not enough children to keep mine amused - so we came back up our mountain and spent the bells in Clancys Irish pub. Was ok, but making it up to our boys today. At least me and the old man got one stab at the Gay Gordons before we left.
Old Jan 1st 2007, 1:00 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Apparently there were 2 of them! The people who organise it have had a row and split into 2 different Hogmanays. We went to the one at the Donald Simpson centre. I wonder if we picked the wrong one! We left at 9pm - mainly cos the bass player in the band was SHOCKING! I hope he didn't get paid dor that - lordy, I could have done a better job! He played in a different key all night! It was very dry - but I was expecting that - but I had hoped there would be more families rather than oap's. Not enough children to keep mine amused - so we came back up our mountain and spent the bells in Clancys Irish pub. Was ok, but making it up to our boys today. At least me and the old man got one stab at the Gay Gordons before we left.
Sounds like you needed the Smith St Hall

WW
Old Jan 1st 2007, 2:28 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Had a great time with other exapats although being the only Scots showed......Need to get a few more together for next year....

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:14 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Smith St - oh bugger! That was the one!
Old Jan 1st 2007, 8:15 am
Ashley Banjo Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stitch
Had a great time with other exapats although being the only Scots showed......Need to get a few more together for next year....

Cheers

Ginny
Glad you had a good one.