Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any nuritionists out there

Any nuritionists out there

Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:50 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any nuritionists out there

Originally Posted by jazzys
I didn't take it as her insinuating it was about antigens. What i figured was this.

when i eat a potato for example, my body will say "ok we have a potato here guys" "but we don't really like all the stuff in a potato so we are not going to take everything out of it because we are a blood group O"
"Had we been a blood group A, we would have taken a lot more out of this particular type of food, hence it would be more beneficial to a person with blood group A then a person who was blood group O"

Thats the way i understood it, simply put. she was saying that different blood groups take different things from items of food. so if your going to eat, you may as well eat the things that are the best things for you.
She said that certain foods that a person may eat may cause certain conditions to arise, such as asthma. Leaving those foods out of your diet is obviously beneficial.

That was my take on the discussion anyway

Jazzys
Well, I can tell you that has no basis in science whatsoever. But when has the truth ever got in the way of a good story?
Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Well, I can tell you that has no basis in science whatsoever. But when has the truth ever got in the way of a good story?
Well i don't bleeding know, thats why i asked. haha

Never mind, isn't it weird though that a woman, obviously well employed doing what she's doing, may actually be telling a whole load of horse shit

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:00 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Well i don't bleeding know, thats why i asked. haha

Never mind, isn't it weird though that a woman, obviously well employed doing what she's doing, may actually be telling a whole load of horse shit

Jazzys
Maybe she was talking sense but it's lost something in the retelling? Who knows. I can assure you there is no connection between your body's nutritional requirements and the AB blood group system.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Maybe she was talking sense but it's lost something in the retelling? Who knows. I can assure you there is no connection between your body's nutritional requirements and the AB blood group system.
Well yeah, maybe your right. But as i said before, there is plenty on the web about the same type of thing. Google blood group diet, it may tell you something i havent.

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go, have a look at this. http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/ According to that, Potatoes should be avoided by both A and O groups. If you've got AB blood it looks to me like you're stuffed basically, not a lot you can eat as you're very fragile

From a totally non nutritionist point of view it looks like a lot of hokum but if people like it and feel it works for them then what the hell do I know
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Here you go, have a look at this. http://www.drlam.com/blood_type_diet/ According to that, Potatoes should be avoided by both A and O groups. If you've got AB blood it looks to me like you're stuffed basically, not a lot you can eat as you're very fragile

From a totally non nutritionist point of view it looks like a lot of hokum but if people like it and feel it works for them then what the hell do I know
Well it looks like the bloke has sold plenty books moneypenny.

I bet he's not working bloody nightshift on monday like some of us

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

This website pretty much says what i was trying to explain, so maybe there was no loss of clarity in the story after all

http://imoaney.blogspot.com/2008/12/...type-diet.html

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it looks like the bloke has sold plenty books moneypenny.

I bet he's not working bloody nightshift on monday like some of us

Jazzys
Any one who brings out a diet book rakes in the money. Too many people out there happy to believe that their life will be perfect once they find the latest fad diet. I know people who have bookshelves full of different diet books, looked at once and then never again. Send me the money and I'll tell you what to eat
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Any one who brings out a diet book rakes in the money. Too many people out there happy to believe that their life will be perfect once they find the latest fad diet. I know people who have bookshelves full of different diet books, looked at once and then never again. Send me the money and I'll tell you what to eat
I'm only 9 stone wet through woman, i don't need to lose weight.

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

I'm only 9 stone wet through woman, i don't need to lose weight.

Jazzys
Send me the money and I'll tell you what to eat to put weight on then Actually I won't because Hubby's like you I guess, can't put it on for love nor money. He's been on Guinness and three cooked massive meals a day diets by the doctors when he was little and managed to lose weight
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:53 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Send me the money and I'll tell you what to eat to put weight on then
Old Jun 6th 2009, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Send me the money and I'll tell you what to eat to put weight on then Actually I won't because Hubby's like you I guess, can't put it on for love nor money. He's been on Guinness and three cooked massive meals a day diets by the doctors when he was little and managed to lose weight
Yep thats me, i could eat a piano and still be the same weight

Jazzys
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:01 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Yep thats me, i could eat a piano and still be the same weight

Jazzys
Stop ya whining.

I could watch you eat the effin piano and put the weight on
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Stop ya whining.

Haha, sorry. But i wasn't whining at all.

Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Stop ya whining.

If I watched someone eating a piano, I'd probably vomit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.