Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any nail Tech's on here

Any nail Tech's on here

Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

DestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to allDestinationSydney is a name known to all
Default Re: Any nail Tech's on here

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi,
Looking for advice!
I quite fancy going mobile as a nail tech, doing acrylic nails, manicures etc.
Do you think there wold be much need for this service.
I know there is a lot of shops with foreign girls doing it, but I have heard they use the worst and cheapest products.
I will have to look into products over here as it is Creative i used bck home.
Any info would be great
Ta
Shabee
x
Hi, Julie (Brido's partner) is Scottish fm Glasgow she has a nail salon in the Ashmore Plaza called Tips n Toes. She's fab & the same here as back home for acrylics etc. It would be worth making an appt with her I'm sure she will give you the advice you are looking for.
Michelle
Old Nov 12th 2008, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

tonyman has a spectacular aura abouttonyman has a spectacular aura abouttonyman has a spectacular aura about

FYI....Tips and Toes have a website that may be useful.....

http://tipsntoesbeauty.com/index.html
Old Nov 14th 2008, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a mobile therapist here in the Uk, i offer, Manicures Pedicures and just completing a waxing course. I too want to either start my own mobile business or hopefully work for a friend of mine who has her own salon, when we finally return back to Oz.

Not sure if anyone is a member of the 'salon geek' website, its abit like BE, it has great information but also a discusion page, where nail tech from all around the world, will answer question's. (the website is for nail tech, hairdressers etc)

Look forward to seeing all you BE nail tech's on there.

Paula xxxx

i hope it's ok the put another website address on here, hope i've not offended anyone.

Last edited by paula 1; Nov 14th 2008 at 11:30 am.
Old Nov 15th 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

I forgot about that site, thanks for the reminder Paula
x
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:03 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks to all for the recommendations.My wife Julie is very very good,with a clientelle in the UK that included actresses and Footballers wifes,as well as the rest of the normal population too,lol.
Thats why she decided to open a salon when we arrived.The standard in Oz is poor,and the market is flooded with cheap salons,one opened up in the center she is in,and it caused some concern,however since they opened,the salon has been busier as clients that use them have come to us after recieving some of the worst nail extensions ever seen,so income has gone up!

Tips'n'Toes don't use drills, and only use high quality products that are MMA free.
The website is actually www.tipsandtoes.com.au and not the one listed above,that one was kindly done by a friend of Julies.

Anyone thinking of going it alone should give it a go if they are any good,it takes a lot of hard work and effort to build up a salon and the best advertisement is the nails you do as word of mouth can make or break you.
Its been a rewarding experience for my wife and she's met a few good friends through the salon.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 10:09 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DestinationSydney
Hi, Julie (Brido's partner) is Scottish fm Glasgow she has a nail salon in the Ashmore Plaza called Tips n Toes. She's fab & the same here as back home for acrylics etc. It would be worth making an appt with her I'm sure she will give you the advice you are looking for.
Michelle
I thought you were changing that name?
Destination Ashmore is more apt!
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:36 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Shabee - if you are interested in opening a nail / beauty salon the shopping centre where I have my business is looking for a tenant in that line of business.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Carbery
Shabee - if you are interested in opening a nail / beauty salon the shopping centre where I have my business is looking for a tenant in that line of business.
Hi,
I dont want to open a salon, just want something part time at the moment.
I have 2 kids to think about, need them settled first. Hence the reason for going mobile, I can pick my own hours.
x