Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any idea what this little cute is pleae? :-)

Any idea what this little cute is pleae? :-)

Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:38 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any idea what this little cute is pleae? :-)

Found this in the spare room last night (possibly came in with the washing?) - any ideas anyone?

I thought it might be a common house spider but from what I've seen online their white bits are more dotted than in a perfect straight line? Its not very big (about the size of a redback) - the pick is taken with it in the bottom of a cup (to give you an idea of size!).

Cheers all
Attached Thumbnails Any idea what this little cute is pleae? :-)-spider.jpg  
Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:41 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any idea what this little cute is pleae? :-)

Originally Posted by Mrs Jackaroo
Found this in the spare room last night (possibly came in with the washing?) - any ideas anyone?

I thought it might be a common house spider but from what I've seen online their white bits are more dotted than in a perfect straight line? Its not very big (about the size of a redback) - the pick is taken with it in the bottom of a cup (to give you an idea of size!).

Cheers all
It's a scary white back spider, there's also a red back spider, they're both poisonous, but as long as your local gp has the antidote, you'll live!

It could be worse, you could have a nest of them....
Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:43 pm

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
It's a scary white back spider, there's also a red back spider, they're both poisonous, but as long as your local gp has the antidote, you'll live!

It could be worse, you could have a nest of them....
What??!!! :scared:

Its still in a cup in the kitchen and I've been assing about taking pics of it!! :scared:

I've never heard of a white back!

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2006, 8:45 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

What??!!! :scared:

Its still in a cup in the kitchen and I've been assing about taking pics of it!! :scared:

I've never heard of a white back!

Thanks
They're the albino version of the red back.

Gotta love the dingos!!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:24 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a pretty bad bugger... do a search on the white tail as a few have had nasty experiences with them.
Be careful
J x
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
It's a pretty bad bugger... do a search on the white tail as a few have had nasty experiences with them.
Be careful
J x
I thought a white tail just had a white tip at the end of its tail? Its still curled up in a cup in the kitchen at the moment! :scared:
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:47 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Any idea what this little cute is pleae? :-)

I thought a white tail just had a white tip at the end of its tail? Its still curled up in a cup in the kitchen at the moment! :scared:
You are correct; it's not a white-tail.

White-tails look like this:

Learn more about them here.

The one you have there looks like a common garden spider.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
You are correct; it's not a white-tail.

White-tails look like this:

Learn more about them here.

The one you have there looks like a common garden spider.
Thanks Vash!

Back to the garden he goes!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:51 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Any idea what this little cute is pleae? :-)

Thanks Vash!

That's the ticket!
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope theose spiders look nothing alike

but they both look really horrible and disgusting if that helps you

I would

a) go into the back garden and throw it over the fence or
b) stomp on it (put shoes on first) or
c) flush it down the loo with a good quantity of bleach

Jen
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

The JenJen approach to animal conservation.

Don't worry about those MrsJ... we have them in our garden. They get in the washing sometimes. Nothing to worry about.

Have got your email ... will drop you a line later.
x
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:06 pm

Thanks Vash!

Daft creature! I just saved its life and five minutes later it was on the fly screen again trying to get in!! :scared:
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

Daft creature! I just saved its life and five minutes later it was on the fly screen again trying to get in!! :scared:
Do you have spray bleach ???? could spray through the fly screen ?????

Jen
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by iPom
The JenJen approach to animal conservation.

Don't worry about those MrsJ... we have them in our garden. They get in the washing sometimes. Nothing to worry about.

Have got your email ... will drop you a line later.
x
LMAO ipom

hey i'm all for animal conservation but if someone else could conserve the spiders and attract them away from my door when i move over there i'll be a happy conservationist

How are you have you had a good weekend?

Jen
Old Dec 9th 2006, 11:37 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenJen
LMAO ipom

hey i'm all for animal conservation but if someone else could conserve the spiders and attract them away from my door when i move over there i'll be a happy conservationist

How are you have you had a good weekend?

Jen

I'm having an interesting weekend thanks. Seems I have round 2 of the tummy bug I had last weekend. It's morphed into something different and come back round again.
Better today though, What you up to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.