Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any hints on getting into a locked car?

Any hints on getting into a locked car?

Old Jun 10th 2011, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any hints on getting into a locked car?

Originally Posted by jammyjane
I have stupidly locked my car keys inside my tightly locked up car Unfortunately I have no spare key, and I cant use the old coat hanger trick as the locks are flush with the window. Does any one have any ideas, please. I am so close to forcing the boot open [hatchback].
Here is my golden tip of the day.When you get it opened get a spare one cut.I know,I know.No thanks needed.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Here is my golden tip of the day.When you get it opened get a spare one cut.I know,I know.No thanks needed.
Oh Irishbloo, where would I be without you???
Old Jun 10th 2011, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Irishbloo, where would I be without you???
Locked out of you car again.
Hope you get it sorted.Ive done worse btw.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Icarus
Long length of wire / welding rod with hooked end. Gently prise the top corner of drivers door & wedge it with something . You reach from one side of prised open door to the door handle on the other side.
I locked my keys in my new Toyota Kluger with flush locks and the man from NRMA used the above trick which worked a treat
Old Jun 10th 2011, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

We get call outs to these incidents with the Fire Brigade - generally because there is a baby inside. On a hot day we could cool the car down with water until the RAC arrive - we don't necessarily rip the car apart if locks are flush.

I've called the MFB to a car I came across in the CBD. They physically jemmied the door trim aside to get in.

On older cars with non-flush locks packing strips work the best - I've done that several times!
Old Jun 10th 2011, 12:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

A brick to the driver's side window works a treat.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Dorothy
A brick to the driver's side window works a treat.

Thanks Dorothy, but was looking for a more subtle answer.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Dorothy, but was looking for a more subtle answer.
How about a brick to the passengers window then.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:00 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
How about a brick to the passengers window then.
I was going to suggest a housebrick wrapped in bubble wrap.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I was going to suggest a housebrick wrapped in bubble wrap.
At last, a happy ending! A passing council worker saw me struggling feebly with a file, coat hanger and screwdriver, trying somehow to magically open the offending car door. He screeched to a halt, hopped out of his van, and had the car unlocked in five minutes. God bless council workers After declaring my undying love and admiration to him, he sped off, no doubt to save another damsel in distress.
Thanks to all for helping me out, much appreciated.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 12:52 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

But, on second thoughts, the door handle is useless if the door is locked. Thanks anyway, mate.
Pulling the handle inside over-rides the locks . Go try .
Old Jun 11th 2011, 1:31 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

go on to a local building site,get one of those green things that hold the packs of brick together ,hit the end of it so it kind of makes a double strap slide it through the top of the window between the glass and rubber,down to the handle..heres the tricky bit,slide one more side of the strap so the strap opens up.get it over the door handle then pull,this will open the handle..so im told...

sorry just read your in,,might help someone else so ill leave it..xxxxxxxxx
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

What was the council man's solution?
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:46 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve2009
What was the council man's solution?
get some of his mates and all sit looking at the car for a few hours>>>
Old Jun 11th 2011, 2:59 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston
get some of his mates and all sit looking at the car for a few hours>>>
With 2 of them on the Stop/Slow signs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.