Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

any good cures for atheletes foot

any good cures for atheletes foot

Old Apr 6th 2009, 2:36 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default any good cures for atheletes foot

jeezus i think me toes are fallin off..

oh and i can smell me boots standing up
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of
Default Re: any good cures for atheletes foot

Amputation?????????

Just make sure you dry between your toes after showering
Old Apr 6th 2009, 3:15 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

p!ss on em
Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by aston man

Not nice SOG

Originally Posted by TGA
p!ss on em
This actually works, I have tried it (can't believe I have just admitted this in public)

The BBC have been showing a program called grow your own drugs, presented by James Wong an Ethnobotonist.
Tonights show covered natural remedies for atheletes foot treatment.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/features/gro...episode6.shtml

Garlic vinegar footbath

2 bulbs garlic
Cider vinegar (or whatever you have)
20 heads fresh lavender
Sage leaves

1. Drop the garlic into a jug and cover with vinegar, using roughly twice as much vinegar as garlic.
2. Crush the sage leaves with a pestle and mortar, and add them along with the lavender heads to the jug.
3. Pour your mixture into an airtight container, making sure you have enough vinegar to totally cover the other ingredients.
4. Infuse the mixture for between 2 weeks and a month. Simply add 5 tablespoons to a hot footbath and soak your foot when required.

USE: Dilute 5 tblsp of the mixture in a washing up bowl (size) of hot water, and soak the feet for at least 10 minutes each day for 3 times a week for 2 weeks.

STORAGE: Keep in a sealable container or jar in a dry, cool place for up to 6 months

Garlic talcum powder for athlete's foot

4 tbsp dried sage leaves
4 tbsp dried garlic (commercially prepared is fine)
7 tbsp (70 g) cornflour
7 tbsp (70 g) bicarbonate of soda
24 drops tea tree oil

1. Grind the dried sage in a mortar and pestle, then place in a medium-sized bowl. Add the dried garlic. Sprinkle over the cornflour and bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
2. Add in the tea tree oil and stir until well distributed. Place the powder into a salt or sugar shaker for use.

USE: Dust on liberally 3 times daily, until symptoms disappear (usually a few weeks). Continue using for 1 week after all signs of infection are gone, as previously dormant fungal spores can cause reinfection.

STORAGE: Keep in a dry, dark place and use within 1 year.

The garlic smell might actually be better than the smell of your boots.

Johnnyyt
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:30 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGA
p!ss on em
Is that actually a cure or do you just have a bad aim?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:36 am
West is best!

oz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to alloz bound is a name known to all

Originally Posted by aston man

not sure if it can be got here but if so Daktarin is what you need, it's a cream and it's works really fast!! won't do anything for your smelly boots though

hth

Ellie
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:52 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Canestan works too.
Its not just for irritating c??ts
Old Apr 7th 2009, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Use a hair drier to dry your feet after you shower. Also good if you have a cut or operation and stitches which need to be kept dry.

Powder is available at the chemist for it.

Runners are notorious providers of athletes foot so get the powder and put in the shoes.

Air feet as much as possible.

It goes away, its tinea so anything for treating tinea.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

get the one that you only need to use once.think it cost $35 but its well worth it.i am a nurse and since i used the once only one havent had it back again.before it would be every 3 months or so and it would be back.when i was doing my training some 30 odd years ago the window sills in the change areas had shoes out on them due to athletes foot problems and foot odour.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 12:13 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

What this is about feet ????

Jeez was expecting someone in the same boat as me, I read :
Any good cures for at-least-a-foot

O well

Dougie
Old Apr 7th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

Savlon. Can you get it in Aus?

TD
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:31 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
get the one that you only need to use once.think it cost $35 but its well worth it.i am a nurse and since i used the once only one havent had it back again.before it would be every 3 months or so and it would be back.when i was doing my training some 30 odd years ago the window sills in the change areas had shoes out on them due to athletes foot problems and foot odour.
Lamicil Once cream is what you need and costs anything from $22 to $30 depending on where you are in Oz.

Wearing synthetic shoes or synthetic lined shoes isn the worst thing for athletes foot (and smelly feet). Try and buy leather or at least leather lined as this allows your feet to breathe.

Loz x
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:40 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oz bound
Daktarin is what you need,
Isn't that an old TV show?

Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:47 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I like.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:05 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TGA
p!ss on em
No! That's the cure for baldness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.