Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

any good chip shops?

any good chip shops?

Old Dec 23rd 2008, 12:36 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default any good chip shops?

is there any good fish n chip shops on the sunshine coast buderim/mountain creek? a good old fashioned chippy like back in blighty.
could just eat some chips peas and gravy or some chips curry n rice.
Old Dec 23rd 2008, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Tez and Daz will become famous soon enoughTez and Daz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any good chip shops?

Originally Posted by jonni boy
is there any good fish n chip shops on the sunshine coast buderim/mountain creek? a good old fashioned chippy like back in blighty.
I have all but given up on asking for curry sauce in the chips shops, I have been laughed at too many times now!!!!!
Old Dec 27th 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Alexandra Headland on The sunshine Coast (100km North of Brisbane)
Sunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the roughSunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the roughSunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the roughSunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the roughSunshine Coast Settlers is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no, there are no chippys here like in UK. The nearest we've found is the battered reef fish at the Fish market on the Wharf in Mooloolaba which is lovely but nothing like they sell in UK chippys. If you drive down the Nicolin Way to number 224(ish) a few shops down from 'The Good Guys' is a shop called 'Sunshine Food Warehouse', it used to be called 'Sunshine Catering Supplies'. They sell Sarsons malt vinegar, its about $2.50 or $3 a bottle which, when added to your chips helps them taste a bit more homely. They don't stock it all the time but it's worth the trip anyway as they always have a great supply of other UK foods & confectionary in. Good luck with your search. I hope you can prove me wrong!
Old Dec 28th 2008, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Deb62 will become famous soon enough

Hi Jonni boy;

I had the best chips I've ever had earlier in the year. I'd stopped for petrol at an old fashioned garage with a couple of pumps in Palmwoods and being hungry ordered some hot chips. They were gorgeous. Sorry I have no idea of the name of the garage.
Deb
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonni boy
have you tried "Will & Harry's" on King Street in Buderim? Or the Seafood place in Mountain Creek - not where Woolies is, on down towards the school? They are both good chip shops. Will & Harry's is owned by a couple on this site, so its good to support others like us

Lynn xx
Old Jan 25th 2009, 7:13 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
have you tried "Will & Harry's" on King Street in Buderim? Or the Seafood place in Mountain Creek - not where Woolies is, on down towards the school? They are both good chip shops. Will & Harry's is owned by a couple on this site, so its good to support others like us

Lynn xx
we've just tried will & harry's and it was very nice indeed,like a little slice of blighty.
advertised at the bottom of the menu was 'chip butty' EXCELLENT