Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any fans of coca cola?

Wikiposts

Any fans of coca cola?

Old May 27th 2010, 9:09 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any fans of coca cola?

Originally Posted by jazzys
I didn't know it was going to aldi until he told me, he's the truck driver so he should know.
But does he know what 'it' is?
Old May 27th 2010, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Oh whatever!

Maybe something is added at the aldi bottling plant but when it leaves the factory, believe me its bloody coca cola. When it arrives at the aldi place its coca cola, when it leaves it could be HP sauce for all i know, but at some point it was coca cola from the coca cola factory, made on exactly the same line as all the other coca cola

Well actually i know you don't believe me and i wish i hadn't started the bleeding thread now

Old May 27th 2010, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Oh whatever!

Maybe something is added at the aldi bottling plant but when it leaves the factory, believe me its bloody coca cola. When it arrives at the aldi place its coca cola, when it leaves it could be HP sauce for all i know, but at some point it was coca cola from the coca cola factory, made on exactly the same line as all the other coca cola

Well actually i know you don't believe me and i wish i hadn't started the bleeding thread now

Mate i believes ya When i worked at Mattessons in Durham we made things with the same recipe but some "customers " demanded we put "their" labels on instead of Mattessons
Old May 27th 2010, 9:22 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Dude, I believe you too!

I wonder if they do the same in Aldi in the UK...I don't live near one so I guess I'll just have to keep drinking the free Coke we get at work...

Old May 27th 2010, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Feel happy. The phosphorus in it won't be leaching the calcium from your bones... and you'll be healthier for it.
I'm not worried about sugar or my teeth or bones. It's the caffeine I'm worried about. I love all kinds of tea so I've got to save all my caffeine quota for a great cuppa or two.

Mrs JTL
Old May 27th 2010, 9:33 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Putting my 2 cents worth in but have you all bought the bottles of cola and not the cans? I agree that the bottles of cola in Aldi taste much more fruity than normal Coke, and the caffeine levels are much lower as my headaches can attest to, but I've just come across something online that talks about cans of Regal Cola from Aldi that says they taste more like Coke than Pepsi.

Okay, problem solved here
Old May 27th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Oh whatever!

Have you actually tasted the Aldi stuff yourself? Do it. It's not bad for a Cola own brand but when you taste that and taste Coca Cola you can easily tell they are two completely different drinks.

This isn't about brand snobbery, this isn't about proving anyone right or wrong, or that your mate is lying, it's about the fact that they taste bloody different!

3 other people this afternoon thought exactly the same as me, they smell different, they taste different, the Aldi one is even a darker liquid!

But I'm off out of this thread to go and bang my head against a brick wall, but do yourself a favour Jazzy and actually try them both and smell them.

My guess is you'll feel pretty silly for ever believing it.
Old May 27th 2010, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Have you actually tasted the Aldi stuff yourself? Do it. It's not bad for a Cola own brand but when you taste that and taste Coca Cola you can easily tell they are two completely different drinks.

This isn't about brand snobbery, this isn't about proving anyone right or wrong, or that your mate is lying, it's about the fact that they taste bloody different!

3 other people this afternoon thought exactly the same as me, they smell different, they taste different, the Aldi one is even a darker liquid!

But I'm off out of this thread to go and bang my head against a brick wall, but do yourself a favour Jazzy and actually try them both and smell them.

My guess is you'll feel pretty silly for ever believing it.
And my guess is you wouldn't believe it even if mother teresa had told ya. All i'm saying is it leaves the coca cola factory and ends up rebranded at aldi.

Full stop

J
Old May 27th 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

And my guess is you wouldn't believe it even if mother teresa had told ya. All i'm saying is it leaves the coca cola factory and ends up rebranded at aldi.

Full stop

J
I'd believe it if it actually tasted the same. Trust me I'd love to save a few bucks on my coke habit and if it did actually taste the same then I'd more than happily glug away (whilst killing myself TP ) but it doesn't.

I'd love it to be true.... but it's not.

Farewell J, my brick wall awaits!
Old May 27th 2010, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
I'd believe it if it actually tasted the same. Trust me I'd love to save a few bucks on my coke habit and if it did actually taste the same then I'd more than happily glug away (whilst killing myself TP ) but it doesn't.

I'd love it to be true.... but it's not.

Farewell J, my brick wall awaits!
Make your own.

1 oz (28 g) caffeine citrate
3 oz (85 g) citric acid
1 US fl oz (30 ml; 1 imp fl oz) vanilla extract
1 US qt (946 ml; 33 imp fl oz) lime juice
2.5 oz (71 g) "Merchandise 7X"
30 lb (14 kg) sugar
4 US fl oz (118.3 ml; 4.2 imp fl oz) powder extract of cocaine (decocainized flavor essence of the coca leaf)
2.5 US gal (9.5 l; 2.1 imp gal) water
caramel sufficient
Merchandise 7X:
80 oil orange
40 oil cinnamon
120 oil lemon
20 oil coriander
40 oil nutmeg
40 oil neroli
"Mix caffeine acid and lime juice in 1 quart boiling water add vanilla and flavoring when cool. Let stand for 24 hours."
Old May 27th 2010, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Oh whatever!

Is the bottling plant owned by coke? Even if it is they may be running a line which is not Coca cola. They may be bottling using the Aldi recipe. There are so many of these "house brand" colas nowadays that certainly they don't all have their own bottling facilities?
Old May 27th 2010, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

No idea if its actually re-bottled at all or whether its just put in different bottles at the coke plant and labelled at the aldi facility.

J
Old May 27th 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Coca cola is made from coca cola syrup and fizzy water. They don't make the syrup locally.
If you buy draught coke the syrup is mixed with the water as it comes out of the tap. I once worked in a US burger place and we used to mix coke syrup with unflavoured milkshake mix to make coca cola shakes (not for sale, just for us).
The bottling facilities will make loads of different drinks on the same production lines - just change the syrup and you have a different product.
Old May 28th 2010, 12:10 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lesleys
Coca cola is made from coca cola syrup and fizzy water. They don't make the syrup locally.
If you buy draught coke the syrup is mixed with the water as it comes out of the tap. I once worked in a US burger place and we used to mix coke syrup with unflavoured milkshake mix to make coca cola shakes (not for sale, just for us).
The bottling facilities will make loads of different drinks on the same production lines - just change the syrup and you have a different product.
Yeah that's about what I thought.
Old May 28th 2010, 12:28 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Well my other half used to work for Britvic in the U.K and tells me that they had different recipes for the 'Homebrand' types of drinks......trading standards would not allow it to be the exact same product also.

Jan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.