Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any fans of coca cola?

Wikiposts

Any fans of coca cola?

Old May 27th 2010, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any fans of coca cola?

Originally Posted by jazzys
Ok then its not, but somebody had better tell my buddy who drives a truck load of dark brown liquid to a distribution centre where they bottle it up for aldi that its not a real coca cola factory he picks it up from and its just pretendy aldi bottles it goes into.

J
They may bottle up dark brown liquid but it is not Coca Cola, I drink it every day and I could blind test it with any Cola drink and get it right.

Your mates full of crap and it still begs the question as to why Coke would sell the same product with inferior packaging for less money?

I'm sure thats how they made their billions

Originally Posted by canadaeh
And I hate when people try to say pepsi is the same, I love that facebook group:

"umm can I have a coke?" "is pepsi ok?" "I dont know, is monopoly money ok?"

Sums it up
I'm a fan of that! If at a bar they have Pepsi, I have lemonade

Last edited by LouiseR; May 27th 2010 at 2:52 pm.
Old May 27th 2010, 2:52 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning fellow pomsters, i just thought i'd share something with you.

Talking to a driver for coca cola the other night, i was asking about where he delivers to. Low and behold he delivers unmarked bottles to a distibution centre that re-labels the coca cola for aldi.

Not sure how the price compares but its worth a look i reckon

Jazzys
Tis the work of the Devil , i tell thee.............mm
Old May 27th 2010, 2:52 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Your mates full of crap and it still begs the question as to why Coke would sell the same product with inferior packaging for sell money?
You mean truck drivers aren't the sharpest tools in the box?
Old May 27th 2010, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Your mates full of crap and it still begs the question as to why Coke would sell the same product with inferior packaging for sell money?

I'm sure thats how they made their billions
So you think woolies make all their own brand stuff do you?

Of course they don't, someone makes it for them.

I once worked in a factory making fridges and freezers, they made Electrolux ones, Zanussi ones and also ones for comet and dixons. Comet and dixons ones were cheaper than Electrolux and zanussi. And believe me there was no difference whatsoever.

You may roll your pretty little eyes as much as you like, i'm telling you its coke, whether you choose to believe me is another matter

Jazzys
Old May 27th 2010, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

So you think woolies make all their own brand stuff do you?

Of course they don't, someone makes it for them.

I once worked in a factory making fridges and freezers, they made Electrolux ones, Zanussi ones and also ones for comet and dixons. Comet and dixons ones were cheaper than Electrolux and zanussi. And believe me there was no difference whatsoever.

You may roll your pretty little eyes as much as you like, i'm telling you its coke, whether you choose to believe me is another matter

Jazzys
It might be made by Coke but it's a different recipe. I have drank a glass of coke and a glass of cola and they taste different, they even smell different and as everyone knows the smell is what you taste.

I'm not saying this just to wind you up or anything, I'm telling you they are two different drinks.
Old May 27th 2010, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

It might be made by Coke but it's a different recipe. I have drank a glass of coke and a glass of cola and they taste different, they even smell different and as everyone knows the smell is what you taste.

I'm not saying this just to wind you up or anything, I'm telling you they are two different drinks.
Fair enough but it definately comes from the coke factory. You've probably never been to a coke factory but they have different lines that do different drinks. There is one line that does coke in bottles and one line that does coke in cans, others do thinks like mount franklin water, powerade, Jim beam nad coke, kirks lemonade etc. But only two lines do coke, one bottled and one canned. And as far as i know all they do is change the bottle it goes in and it doesn't get a label

Jazzys
Old May 27th 2010, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

I think that’s what is probably happening. Because the Aldi coke is “Regal Coke” and I think “Regal” the soft drink company is owned by Coke a Cola in Australia. But it definitely doesn’t taste the same as the real thing. Also, I've only seen the cans in aldi not the bottles, also wouldn't the bottle be different as Coke actually have rights to their specific bottle shape, only for coke a cola?

So maybe a different recipe.

Last edited by canadaeh; May 27th 2010 at 3:09 pm.
Old May 27th 2010, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

They may bottle up dark brown liquid but it is not Coca Cola, I drink it every day and I could blind test it with any Cola drink and get it right.

Your mates full of crap and it still begs the question as to why Coke would sell the same product with inferior packaging for less money?
Actually, Aldi do sell brand stuff under their own brand. Not sure about Coke, but the baby food jars are made by Heinz for Aldi here in Oz.

Sometimes the packaging is similar, other times it's different, but you will find that many of Aldi's products are actually made by brands you know.

Check here
Aldi mainly sells exclusively produced, custom-branded products (often identical to and produced by major brands[14]) with brand names
and here
In fact, many of the private label products are made by well-known brand manufacturers and shipped in different packaging. ALDI still makes a profit on the low-cost sale because it buys in large quantities.
So it certainly would not surprise me that Jazzys's mate was telling the truth. I do believe that people's attitude to food brands is a lot in the mind...
Old May 27th 2010, 3:11 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had a Happy Shopper flashback ... ahhh ...
Old May 27th 2010, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz
Actually, Aldi do sell brand stuff under their own brand. Not sure about Coke, but the baby food jars are made by Heinz for Aldi here in Oz.

Sometimes the packaging is similar, other times it's different, but you will find that many of Aldi's products are actually made by brands you know.

Check here

and here

So it certainly would not surprise me that Jazzys's mate was telling the truth. I do believe that people's attitude to food brands is a lot in the mind...
Interesting about the Heinz baby food I used to buy Nutricia over here which is Cow And Gate just renamed but I did pour the Cola and Coke in two identical glasses and honestly didn't know which was which but they both smelt and tasted differently.
Old May 27th 2010, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just wonder why people think my mate might be telling me lies.

Not like he's gunna gain much from it.

Nobody at the factory even knows what the recipe is.

Jazzys
Old May 27th 2010, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

I just wonder why people think my mate might be telling me lies.
No one is saying he is lying, maybe he just doesn’t know.

It might come from the same factory and made by the same company, but it doesn’t mean it’s the same drink.
Old May 27th 2010, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting about the Heinz baby food I used to buy Nutricia over here which is Cow And Gate just renamed but I did pour the Cola and Coke in two identical glasses and honestly didn't know which was which but they both smelt and tasted differently.
TBH, I'm not a Coke fan and I can't even tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi so I'll leave the tasting to you
Old May 27th 2010, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

TBH, I'm not a Coke fan and I can't even tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi so I'll leave the tasting to you
You should be shot!
Old May 27th 2010, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by canadaeh
You should be shot!
Agreed! Also the people who think Coke Zero tastes like Full Fat Coke should be shot too. And men who drink Diet Coke.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.