Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Any expat Sydney fisho's out there ?

Any expat Sydney fisho's out there ?

Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:59 am
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of
Default Any expat Sydney fisho's out there ?

Greetings all, long time no post due to moving etc. That being done now, I find myself in Concord , NSW. With all the rain just lately, I keep waking early morning and thinking that the move was just a dream, and if I look out of the window I'll still be in UK !!! Probably advancing age and jetlag

Anyway, I'm interested to find out if there is anyone in my area who fishes locally? I knew where I was with Wollongong rock and beaches, but am completely bemused here in Sydney. Unsure where the best spots are, and also where fishing is permitted, and not. I am aware that I will need a recreational fishing permit, but with so much water around the inner harbour areas here, I'm a bit overwhelmed and don't really know where to start. Very frustrating when I live only 10 mins. drive from the water.

My gear should be arriving next week, and, in between training courses and job seeking, I'd like to get started with some estuary or beach angling. I've read a multitude of Aussie books and Mags, but none of them give any real location detail.

I'd be very grateful for any advice that can be offered. At present I feel like the bloke who fell into a barrel of t*ts.....and came out sucking his thumb

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any expat Sydney fisho's out there ?

Originally Posted by Kernow1
I feel like the bloke who fell into a barrel of t*ts.....and came out sucking his thumb
Not heard that one before! Can't wait for an opportunity to use it

Good luck with the fishing by the way
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:27 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at this site mate.

http://www.sydneyfishfinder.com.au/sffforum/index.php
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:36 am
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Thanks mate !! Looks very useful.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:53 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Also this one. Though i havent posted much on it.

http://www.sportsfish.com.au/forum//default.asp