Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ants. Bloody thousands of them, help!!

Wikiposts

Ants. Bloody thousands of them, help!!

Old May 15th 2006, 11:11 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ants. Bloody thousands of them, help!!

Ok. Two weeks ago it was mice. Little buggers were robbing the pantry blind. However a trip to my favorite store and lashings of penut butter we soon got rid of them (there were about 12!)

Anyway today we came back from having a nice lunch out, as you do, to find that our pantry had been taken hostage again; this time to ants. About a thousand of them. You think i'm exaggerating right??

This trail of ants starts somewhere under a walk in pan cupboard, they skirt all the way round it run up and outside the door then pop under the archatrive into the pantry where they climb up to the third shelf and congregate around a tin of bunderburg golden syrup!

WTF has changed? That tin has been in there for months, you know? At the back, never used.....

We've spent the rest of the day VACUUMING them up, putting ant powder down and that liquid stuff down to. I've just looked and theres more there now than earlier There are hundreds and they just keep coming.

The kitchen is in the middle of the house so i am slightly concerned as to what lies beneath :scared: Has anyone got any helpful hints of what to do??
Anytips greatfully recieved
Old May 15th 2006, 11:14 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ants. Bloody thousands of them, help!!

To beat the ant you must think like an ant.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:15 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Ok. Two weeks ago it was mice. Little buggers were robbing the pantry blind. However a trip to my favorite store and lashings of penut butter we soon got rid of them (there were about 12!)

Anyway today we came back from having a nice lunch out, as you do, to find that our pantry had been taken hostage again; this time to ants. About a thousand of them. You think i'm exaggerating right??

This trail of ants starts somewhere under a walk in pan cupboard, they skirt all the way round it run up and outside the door then pop under the archatrive into the pantry where they climb up to the third shelf and congregate around a tin of bunderburg golden syrup!

WTF has changed? That tin has been in there for months, you know? At the back, never used.....

We've spent the rest of the day VACUUMING them up, putting ant powder down and that liquid stuff down to. I've just looked and theres more there now than earlier There are hundreds and they just keep coming.

The kitchen is in the middle of the house so i am slightly concerned as to what lies beneath :scared: Has anyone got any helpful hints of what to do??
Anytips greatfully recieved
Anoying little feckers they are too...I get them in the water closet now and again,so I spray Mortein down the hole in the floor and around the window,seems to keep them at bay...but we do still get the odd couple.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:16 pm
crazy, sexy,cool member

Jessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried ant powder? We used to get them and we put it down outside along the windows and door frames and it kept them away or if they were brave enough to come close enough the powder wiped them out.

Good luck
Old May 15th 2006, 11:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
To beat the ant you must think like an ant.
Does that mean i have to paint a stupid white stripe accross my face? Or is that the wrong thing entirely
Old May 15th 2006, 11:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Yep! Lashings of ant powder and that liquid stuff too

Havn't tried the mortien, not sure about sprays in the pantry

AND.. How do i get to the nest? Do i indeed need to? A girl can't vacuum all night
Old May 15th 2006, 11:22 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jessica Rabbit
Have you tried ant powder? We used to get them and we put it down outside along the windows and door frames and it kept them away or if they were brave enough to come close enough the powder wiped them out.

Good luck
That worked for us. We put the Mortein stuff down around the patio, back door and garage door and it keeps them away for a couple of months.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:22 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I think you need something thats anti-ants. Hope this helps ...
Old May 15th 2006, 11:23 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by seang
I think you need something thats anti-ants. Hope this helps ...

At first i thought you wrote "anti depressants" I reckon you might be right
Old May 15th 2006, 11:26 pm
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

Baby powder or fullers earth works well. It kills them instantly it is cheap and safe to use around food, children and pets.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:28 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Yep! Lashings of ant powder and that liquid stuff too

Havn't tried the mortien, not sure about sprays in the pantry

AND.. How do i get to the nest? Do i indeed need to? A girl can't vacuum all night
clear the pantry out first...then spray like theres no tomorrow...I do my kitchen area regulary.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:30 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Baby powder
Really??

Thats fantastic cos the pantrys a bit of a worry really.

However does anyone know if i should be panicking with like where the nest is etc? And getting pest people in etc. There are now a group congregating in my daughters bedroom. Up 3 steps from the kitchen :scared:
Old May 15th 2006, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Reminds me of the film with Michael Caine!

"Zulus Sir! Thousands of them!".

We have the occasional ant attack too.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs, your Mum paid us a visit last year when we had a rat in the house. She was very calm.
Old May 15th 2006, 11:32 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Ransi
clear the pantry out first...then spray like theres no tomorrow...I do my kitchen area regulary.
Jesus! Make me feel like a right slovenly cow why don't 'cha

I have never done it, never needed to! Before now! Stable doors and horses spring to mind!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.