Ants

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Ants

My patio is made of red brick and we have quite a lot of ants. We've been putting down ant sand (I think that's what it is called) but is there anything else we could use instead. Little mounds of grey sand look terrible. Thanks
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ants

Originally Posted by Kingseat
My patio is made of red brick and we have quite a lot of ants. We've been putting down ant sand (I think that's what it is called) but is there anything else we could use instead. Little mounds of grey sand look terrible. Thanks
Does the ant sand not come in a 'terracotta'?
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

not that i've seen!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 2:59 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

Moretein kills them.....but don't do it if you like the geckoes
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 4:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Like the flies, it's part of living in Perth metro. The way we see it if they're outside they can live. If they come in the house they're fair game.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:03 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Like the flies, it's part of living in Perth metro. The way we see it if they're outside they can live. If they come in the house they're fair game.
Like me with kids......
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 5:10 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not guaranteeing it, but I've heard that washing the surface with dettol keeps ants away.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 6:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

If you can see where they are coming out from, pour some boiling water down the hole.

It wont harm any other wildlife
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 10:30 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Like me with kids......
Yes, like kids.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

we had a real problem with ants the last couple of years and were told to contact the department of agriculture & food to find out the species. It's important to find out what species they are as you need to treat with the correct poison. Send around 20 ants stuck to a piece of sellotape stating time, date and area to their address. Within 2 weeks we received a reply with the type of ant and what poison to use. We treated the area with what they recommended and haven't seen an ant since.

www.agric.wa.gov.au
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No one upset Dorothy :O

Like me with kids......
Or Kporte - LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Malcs66
we had a real problem with ants the last couple of years and were told to contact the department of agriculture & food to find out the species. It's important to find out what species they are as you need to treat with the correct poison. Send around 20 ants stuck to a piece of sellotape stating time, date and area to their address. Within 2 weeks we received a reply with the type of ant and what poison to use. We treated the area with what they recommended and haven't seen an ant since.

www.agric.wa.gov.au
Thanks for that!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 11:28 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I have found that vinegar works brilliantly- esp if they have got into the house cos I dont like to use poisons as we have kids and pets