Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anti My Family Stickers

Anti My Family Stickers

Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anti My Family Stickers

I likey:
http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertain...-1226168740338
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:10 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anti My Family Stickers

I prefer this 'anti-family' sticker rather than 'anti family sticker':

Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Love it, just so glad other people find them annoying as well, I thought it might have been just me

another point what really annoys me is someone is making an absolute fortune from them as well........but that could just be jealousy

Wonder if they have made them to the UK cars yet?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dicko
Love it, just so glad other people find them annoying as well, I thought it might have been just me

another point what really annoys me is someone is making an absolute fortune from them as well........but that could just be jealousy

Wonder if they have made them to the UK cars yet?
I'm afraid so:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...%7C3&mode=list
Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:02 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 18th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. They've never annoyed me, and I can't see why some people get so wound up at the "Baby on Board" stickers either.

What always annoys me are the ones you often see in America with "My child is an honor (sic) roll student at Smuggits Academy."

And the "I love Jesus" type stickers in Singapore - because they then generally drive like a complete b@#$%^d and try and kill my Little Prince on board.........
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:03 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

My 19th Century Family ...

Old Oct 18th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

The "Baby on Board" can be a menace to the emergency services if the child isn't actually there, they waste so much time looking for it putting others in danger.

Only a couple of days ago my wife was talking to a lady from Vietnam who asked her if we had children, she replied none at all. The Vietnamese lady said "Oh, you so lucky". She went on to explain that she had brought up six children and never had any time for anything else, now the grandchildren were coming along so she still didn't get any peace.

A friend of mine often speaks of "borrowing their grandchildren for the weekend", I could only understand that if they planned on spoiling them rotten as some kind of revenge. Seriously though I do admire people who bring up children, especially ordinary working class ones, they work all hours to get the money, spend hours taking them to sports and other things, it is definitely a big sacrifice, we decided long ago that we were too selfish to do it.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:38 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:04 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
The "Baby on Board" can be a menace to the emergency services if the child isn't actually there, they waste so much time looking for it putting others in danger.

Only a couple of days ago my wife was talking to a lady from Vietnam who asked her if we had children, she replied none at all. The Vietnamese lady said "Oh, you so lucky". She went on to explain that she had brought up six children and never had any time for anything else, now the grandchildren were coming along so she still didn't get any peace.

A friend of mine often speaks of "borrowing their grandchildren for the weekend", I could only understand that if they planned on spoiling them rotten as some kind of revenge. Seriously though I do admire people who bring up children, especially ordinary working class ones, they work all hours to get the money, spend hours taking them to sports and other things, it is definitely a big sacrifice, we decided long ago that we were too selfish to do it.
That doesnt make you selfish Nigel, you made a choice that suited you both - you havent hurt anyone, affected anyone and you are not selfish, quite the opposite - you thought your lives through and made decisions for the best for both of you.

Nothing wrong with that.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:20 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
That doesnt make you selfish Nigel, you made a choice that suited you both - you havent hurt anyone, affected anyone and you are not selfish, quite the opposite - you thought your lives through and made decisions for the best for both of you.

Nothing wrong with that.
I was just about to type that same thing Sam. It's not selfish at all to choose not to have children. It would be more selfish to have a bunch of unwanted kids IMO.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 10:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I was just about to type that same thing Sam. It's not selfish at all to choose not to have children. It would be more selfish to have a bunch of unwanted kids IMO.

I always laugh at people that say those that choose not to have kids are selfish, what I want to know is who they are being selfish to?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Before we changed our minds and decided to have Mini we always wondered if we might regret not having kids. But we decided it was better for us to regret not having a child than for a child to regret us having it and not wanting it, IYSWIM.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NigelWaring
I think the main reason for the signs has been lost over the years & a lot of people who have 'Little Princess', 'Little Monkey' ones hung in the back windows don't actually realise the main reason for them.

We were very anti the 'Baby on Board' signs until a friend who worked for the highways agency in the UK told us that in an accident the emergency services will check cars with the signs on board first to make sure there are no babies in the car especially if the drivers are out cold or something nasty. We then got one of the yellow signs (not a princess/prince/monkey one) for the back of the car but always & I mean ALWAYS made sure we removed it if the kids weren't in the car.

Alison x
Old Oct 21st 2011, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

the Baby on Board thing and emergency services is a pile of rubbish (see snopes).

We don't have one- but hopefully if our car was every involved in an accident I hope the emergency services might notice the whacking great car seat strapped in the back of the car, than a weeny little hanging thing which would probably fall off in a big accident anyway.

And I have not seen the My Family stickers here in UK- not in any cars yet. But I have seen lots of huge eyelashes on the headlines.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.