Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The anti-depressant branch-line (leading off from Paul's thread)

The anti-depressant branch-line (leading off from Paul's thread)

Old Mar 7th 2008, 1:40 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The anti-depressant branch-line (leading off from Paul's thread)

Originally Posted by busterboy
Please can we make sure that we don't get down on Sel. I believe that all he/she is saying is that don't take anything blindly, question your diagnosis and prognosis and keep asking questions.

Sel...I admire your debate and deliberation....!

Thank you
Old Mar 8th 2008, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

More like Rodney or Uncle Albert....hence why I am so depressed!
Hmmmm now I'm wondering how you could look like BOTH of these people

I think that Rodney is cute and lovely
Old Mar 8th 2008, 6:43 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Hmmmm now I'm wondering how you could look like BOTH of these people

I think that Rodney is cute and lovely

Ozzidoc....I love you. You are the only other person alive that understands that Rodders is fabby! (See Curly, see)!
Old Mar 8th 2008, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Ozzidoc....I love you. You are the only other person alive that understands that Rodders is fabby! (See Curly, see)!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

Trixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really niceTrixy is just really nice
Default Re: I'm depressed and bloody fed up, might as well get a bashing from you lot too!

I think there's a lot of misinformation about anti-depressants. Someone close to me was prescribed them and when we spoke to his family one of them said.. "Oh you've got happy pills". They're not uppers in that sense at all. They take several weeks to make a gradual difference and sometimes one or two variations have to be tried to get the one right for you. It's tricky because the person needs to feel joy again, even a little, sooner than later but it still takes time. It's actually very hard on the support people around them too, who have to take a back seat.

My loved one tried one prescription which kept him ticking over, just barely improved but still improved. The best side-effect for that first meds was that they helped him sleep. Insomnia is often a problem for the depressed and to have a good night's sleep without feeling groggy the next day, was a good thing. The next type he tried did the opposite. They say wired or tired. Wired isn't so good and he stopped those a few days after. Finally the last type enabled a little bit of a buzz I suppose, but by then he was happier anyway. This all happened within about ten months. Then no meds at all.

Just to add work was a major trigger but there's usually a whole mess of things that brings one down. You need a hobby for sheer indulgent fun. Don't treat the hobby like a task or beat yourself up if you stuff up in that hobby. It's just getting into crafts or making model trains or whatever. Nobody to judge you, just a nice little escape having fun.

Last edited by Trixy; Mar 9th 2008 at 10:22 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Make that three of us....he's been cute ever since his appearances in Butterflies years ago My mate gave him a couple fo flying lessons.....and didn't get me his phone number! Grrrrrrrrr
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Make that three of us....he's been cute ever since his appearances in Butterflies years ago My mate gave him a couple fo flying lessons.....and didn't get me his phone number! Grrrrrrrrr
I loved watching Butterflies! I could sing the theme song for days....if I could just remember the bits that come after "Love is like a butterfly...."

"The Butterflies theme song, "Love Is Like A Butterfly", was written and originally recorded by American country and western music artist Dolly Parton. The version used at the opening of each episode was recorded specially for the series by Clare Torry, with a band conducted by the BBC's well-known TV composer Ronnie Hazlehurst." www.answers.com/topic/butterflies

ooooo I'm off on a tangent now - sorry OP!!
http://chem.csustan.edu/JTB/GUIDES/B...lies-guide.htm

Last edited by Ozzidoc; Mar 9th 2008 at 11:15 pm.