Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?

Originally Posted by BILDER
Garbage! DHS, TSA rules protocol states that there is only to be a patdown if they refuse an xray scan. The only other reason they can do a patdown is if their are swab traces of drugs or explosives.
Tell that to my sister who was the lucky recipient of a public pat down at LAX last year because she wouldn't take off the pressure bandage on her arm. She had just finished chemo for breast cancer and had a thin pressure bandage on her left arm to help reduce the swelling of her inflamed lymph nodes. Security insisted that it come off, even though the swab they took was negative for drugs and explosives and she didn't set off the scanners. She was humiliated and hurt (physically) by the rough treatment of the search of her mastectomy scar.
Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Really? I've had the shoes off and pat down process in several US airports and never once had I refused anything and I don't even remember being asked if I minded being patted down. Perhaps its just me.

Signed
Abdul Ben Hazim Mohammed Smith
No Abdul, it's not just you.
Originally Posted by Japonica
Nope, never works...well, maybe only with people who don't know better.

(or Kids in the Hall--just for Dorothy ), Cabbage Head rules!!!!!!.
Originally Posted by BILDER
I don't follow. I am a cardiologist.
Really? Fantastic. I work with dozens of them and their shit stinks just like us peons.
Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
So what?
Exactly. I'm a wife, mother, student and full-time secretary. I am a woman. I deserve respect.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Surely that should be "No, I'm a f****** c***!"

Just keeping up the grammatical standards of the thread.
I know. I was just waiting for a lucky person to pick up on it...

Look's like you win the Spelling Nazi prize in the correct capitalisation category.

Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
Christ! who ****ing cares?
You must considering that you bothered to take the time to respond...
Old Jan 21st 2011, 3:56 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Look's like you win the Spelling Nazi prize in the correct capitalisation category.

http://www.randomclipart.com/clipart...-gold-1057.png
Cheers mate. I'll keep it near my badge.
Attached Thumbnails Anti-Americanism, Anti-Foreigners of any kind?-grammar-police.png  
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:03 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers mate. I'll keep it near my badge.
Ooooh, shiny!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Just been up the melting pot, which is my Suburb of Coburg, and thought I give a minor but classic example of what happens daily here.

New owners at one of the 2 dollar shops.... I think they are genuine Pakistanis... not 100 pct sure though, as we dont get a lot of those here. Anyway on the way out, after getting my purchases, I said "Thanks Love" to the 20 something Female Pakistani owner... I assume she was the owner. Whereupon she surprised the hell out of me by replying with a big smile "Thats Ok Sweetheart" I had to say to her "Wow your getting used to Australia aint yah " A small but very happy exchange, which demonstrates how willing people in this area are willing to acclimatise to Australian colloquialisms.

I just wish we could bottle the way people mix here, in Melbournes North. and send it overseas as a example of how different races can coexist so successfully.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:19 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm a wife, mother, student and full-time secretary. I am a woman. I deserve respect.
So? Why? What's that got to do with anything?
Your answers don't show a huge amount of respect for others on this thread
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Tell that to my sister who was the lucky recipient of a public pat down at LAX last year because she wouldn't take off the pressure bandage on her arm. She had just finished chemo for breast cancer and had a thin pressure bandage on her left arm to help reduce the swelling of her inflamed lymph nodes. Security insisted that it come off, even though the swab they took was negative for drugs and explosives and she didn't set off the scanners. She was humiliated and hurt (physically) by the rough treatment of the search of her mastectomy scar.

No Abdul, it's not just you.

Really? Fantastic. I work with dozens of them and their shit stinks just like us peons.

Exactly. I'm a wife, mother, student and full-time secretary. I am a woman. I deserve respect.
Sic 'em Rex.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
..and THAT my friend might well be interpretted as a racist reponse. In most of the world dolls get made and played with without too much attention being paid to their colour. You're suggesting that a black doll in the US would be headline news? Thats weird...

Reminds me of the KFC add a few months back depicting an Aussie cricket fan surrounded by West Indians, he shared some chicken and made some friends... seemed harmless enough...

THEN the Americans got hold of it and told us a different story:
"A lone white guy is surrounded by an angry mob of black guys and pacifies them by giving them *surprise surprise* fried chicken" - There was uproar.

Firstly - In Australa nobody knew that Americans had a derogatory stereotyp of black people being addicted to fried chicken. Secondly - the skin colour was irrelevant to the advert - it was clearly depicting 2 sets of rival fans.

The orginal add wasnt racist at all - not in the slightest. The uproar from the US about it however was extremely offensive (and thanks to the 'Streisand Effect' [google it], it was a very succesfull campaign as Australians supported local KFC in their fight against US meddling racist do-gooders).

Fine example of Americans trying to dictate how others should live and causing great offence in the process.

Hahahaha love this, bet it wasn't to hard to get them to support going down to KFC ( American corporation) for dinner. To funny.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Christ! who ****ing cares?
Definitely needs a gap between the t and the ! and the s and the ? Plus I'm deeply offended by you blaspheming our Lord.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:49 am
Banned

kmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant futurekmthor has a brilliant future

http://www.randomclipart.com/clipart...-gold-1057.png
id like a recount lmao surly has to include Ms LouiseR for you teach
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This thread has reminded me of my early days in Australia. I had a T shirt made up with those old iron felt like printed letters. On the Front it was Printed "Right Pommy Bastard" on the back with a Union Jack in the middle was "South London Rejects Club".

I wore it quite often to new peoples BBQ's in the early days. I instinctively knew way back in early 1980. I had to take it right up to the local Aussies, especially in my age group back then @ 24 years of age. Broke the ice brilliantly and made me lots of friends.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:04 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
This thread has reminded me of my early days in Australia. I had a T shirt made up with those old iron felt like printed letters. On the Front it was Printed "Right Pommy Bastard" on the back with a Union Jack in the middle was "South London Rejects Club".

I wore it quite often to new peoples BBQ's in the early days. I instinctively knew way back in early 1980. I had to take it right up to the local Aussies, especially in my age group back then @ 24 years of age. Broke the ice brilliantly and made me lots of friends.
During my early days in Australia I made the decision to have my eyebrows removed and re-implanted into my cheeks. I've never looked back since and have been able to make loads of friends in Far North Queensland
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:25 am
Still alive

So? Why? What's that got to do with anything?
Your answers don't show a huge amount of respect for others on this thread
And neither do the OP's. Because he's a cardiologist we're all supposed to be in awe? I think frankly that someone who works 40+ hours per week wiping the noses of the spoilt consultant cardiologists plus raises a family and goes to university part time deserves a whole lot more respect than someone who probably has a housekeeper, nanny and a bunch of junior doctors to do everything for him.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 7:42 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

And neither do the OP's. Because he's a cardiologist we're all supposed to be in awe? I think frankly that someone who works 40+ hours per week wiping the noses of the spoilt consultant cardiologists plus raises a family and goes to university part time deserves a whole lot more respect than someone who probably has a housekeeper, nanny and a bunch of junior doctors to do everything for him.
Technically speaking one doesn't raise a family for anyone other than oneself. Children are self-gratification. I am not 'dis-respecting' anyone's job but I do have more respect for people who studied long term to do good for other human beings and/or the environment...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.