Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

another crap service thread- citiwest water

another crap service thread- citiwest water

Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default another crap service thread- citiwest water

Beware a long rant.....

We live opposite a station going through major upgrade works and are always getting notes through the door telling us of overnight works and risk of noise.

So Christmas night/early hours Boxing Day both of us were woken by loud voices outside our house and machinery/digging/drilling. Thought it was more station works.

In the morning we try to open our door and it has slipped....then we notice mud up our cars and people walking around our cars and out into the street.

Immediately outside our gate was a bloody great hole filled with water and tape cordoning off our gate/the pavement/the nature strip.....obviously some kind of water emergency, so of course there will be a message left in our mail box 10cm from the hole. Hahaha

Phoned citiwest (whose name was on the cordoning tape and asked what this was..."Someone will call you".
Later some more men arrive with diggers "don't know what this is , we are just here to fill in the hole"
....call Citiwest water and "a supervisor will call later'.

We then noticed all our gravel in our front garden has been washed away, to be replaced by soggy mud and a huge hole has appeared near our house stumps. H also noticed our weatherboards have slipped on one side- so it seems the house has moved slightly.

Call Citiwest water for 4th time. Eventually we were told supervisor would call around today.
Not sure why he bothered making the journey as all he did was took my name (err the same one as on the water bill), my address (the one with the burst water main) and told me to call our insurance company.

Well thanks. They would not tell us what had happened/if the water in our house was OK to drink, and were pretty bloody disinterested.

Hey I know it is Christmas holidays, but if you are working, you have obviously agreed to it and are being paid well. Be reasonable and return our calls and tell us what is happening.