Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Am I a whingeing pom??

Am I a whingeing pom??

Old Jan 21st 2011, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am I a whingeing pom??

Originally Posted by Chortlepuss
My neighbour has a relatively new piano and a host of tunes - including Barry Manilow medleys. It ain't pretty. The piano is positioned a few metres from my bedroom. We have already been round a few weeks ago to ask them to keep the noise down at night - it's difficult to sleep when they are tinkering the ivories despite ear plugs and shut windows. They apologised (actually nice, civilised people). It doesn't happen that often - but I don't want it to happen at all! Last night I was woken at 11:30 p.m. by this horrid sound. I was fuming, and decamped to the spare bedroom. We pay a bloody fortune to rent this house! I didn't go round to complain last night cos I was angry and think I'll go round today BUT am I being unreasonable and intolerant?? I wouldn't dream of waking my neighbours up at such a late hour, but feel I'm in the minority on this estate. Am I a whingeing POM???
In answer to your question, no you are not a whingeing pom (although some Aussies may beg to differ). People need to have consideration for their neighbours especially late at night.
I am having a problem with some new neighbours who moved in a couple of months ago - nice quiet couple but their dogs are always out in the yard barking at the slightest thing - some evenings it is bad enough that I hear them above TV or music I am listening to. I have refrained from complaining so far as they do bring the dogs indoors at 10.00pm so I am not losing any sleep because of it.