Am furious....

Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:24 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Am furious....

Yes and then spend insurance money on yourself, being pampered before you go....new hair-do, clothes...san tropez tan (so you don't look to pale when you arrive in Oz), shoes, bags, expensive wines and chocolates....I could go on but I think you get the jist!
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:59 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Hope someone can help me with this. Hubby left yesterday for Aus and made a futile attempt at clearing the garage before he went (about 5 hours in total the day before he left ). We have a huge double garage as he used to rebuild cars in it. I decided to venture in today to see what was still to be sorted and am gobsmacked, it looks like NOTHING has been done!!! There are old car bits, new car bits, tools, equipment and bits of things I don't even recognise!! I had a quick look in the loft too (just to annoy myself even further) and it's got old MG car seats, car ramps, tyres etc. So I'm absolutely livid! The shippers are coming on the 14th and I haven't a clue what to do with all this stuff. I made 2 trips to the tip today with the car FULL (a Honda CRV with the seats folded, so that's a HUGE amount of stuff), gave a load of stuff to my neighbour and my dad filled his car with bits and pieces, but I am still left with a garage full.

So, after my rant , my question is this. Do tools have to be spotlessly clean for customs? They've never been used outside so there's no danger of soil etc on them, just oil and rust. There's no way I've got time to clean them all. I hope someone can answer this. If not, do you have the instructions for making a bomb? That would solve all my problems .

Cheers
TJ
Holy crap, what a nightmare :scared: I'd go with the skip option and maybe just keep and clean the bare essential tools that you'll need at the other end.

We were up in Stirling today checking out the car boot sale at Kildean as we're having a major clear out and hoping to do a car boot soon. Anyway, there were quite a few folks selling tools etc. Might be worth chucking it all in the back of the car next Saturday night and get yourself up there first thing Sunday. Anything you don't sell, take it to the tip on the way home.

Did you sell your house with Remax BTW? Had their guy round last week to value us for selling and he said he's just sold a house for someone "down the road" who's also emigrating. It's either you, or half of Falkirk's decamping to OZ (and who'd blame them?)

Gill
Old Mar 5th 2006, 11:05 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Just spoke to him there (he's just arrived in Sydney) and he doesn't know why I'm making a fuss!!!

WTF????????? Hey I'm with Margaret on this one........get a skip an bin the lot....its his hard bl**dy luck....

....christ he sounds like an older version of my son
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:11 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd phone the local scrap yard and see if they would pay for any of the car bits and then go on a shopping spree!

Hope someone can help me with this. Hubby left yesterday for Aus and made a futile attempt at clearing the garage before he went (about 5 hours in total the day before he left ). We have a huge double garage as he used to rebuild cars in it. I decided to venture in today to see what was still to be sorted and am gobsmacked, it looks like NOTHING has been done!!! There are old car bits, new car bits, tools, equipment and bits of things I don't even recognise!! I had a quick look in the loft too (just to annoy myself even further) and it's got old MG car seats, car ramps, tyres etc. So I'm absolutely livid! The shippers are coming on the 14th and I haven't a clue what to do with all this stuff. I made 2 trips to the tip today with the car FULL (a Honda CRV with the seats folded, so that's a HUGE amount of stuff), gave a load of stuff to my neighbour and my dad filled his car with bits and pieces, but I am still left with a garage full.

So, after my rant , my question is this. Do tools have to be spotlessly clean for customs? They've never been used outside so there's no danger of soil etc on them, just oil and rust. There's no way I've got time to clean them all. I hope someone can answer this. If not, do you have the instructions for making a bomb? That would solve all my problems .

Cheers
TJ
Old Mar 5th 2006, 9:49 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Cheers
TJ

Firstly, I would haul his lazy arse back to sort it!

If that fails, get rid of the lot.

Yes, they have to be very clean! Sounds like a mammouth task!

Poor you! Good luck!