Wikiposts

Am furious....

Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold
Default Am furious....

Hope someone can help me with this. Hubby left yesterday for Aus and made a futile attempt at clearing the garage before he went (about 5 hours in total the day before he left ). We have a huge double garage as he used to rebuild cars in it. I decided to venture in today to see what was still to be sorted and am gobsmacked, it looks like NOTHING has been done!!! There are old car bits, new car bits, tools, equipment and bits of things I don't even recognise!! I had a quick look in the loft too (just to annoy myself even further) and it's got old MG car seats, car ramps, tyres etc. So I'm absolutely livid! The shippers are coming on the 14th and I haven't a clue what to do with all this stuff. I made 2 trips to the tip today with the car FULL (a Honda CRV with the seats folded, so that's a HUGE amount of stuff), gave a load of stuff to my neighbour and my dad filled his car with bits and pieces, but I am still left with a garage full.

So, after my rant , my question is this. Do tools have to be spotlessly clean for customs? They've never been used outside so there's no danger of soil etc on them, just oil and rust. There's no way I've got time to clean them all. I hope someone can answer this. If not, do you have the instructions for making a bomb? That would solve all my problems .

Cheers
TJ
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Default Re: Am furious....

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Hope someone can help me with this. Hubby left yesterday for Aus and made a futile attempt at clearing the garage before he went (about 5 hours in total the day before he left ). We have a huge double garage as he used to rebuild cars in it. I decided to venture in today to see what was still to be sorted and am gobsmacked, it looks like NOTHING has been done!!! There are old car bits, new car bits, tools, equipment and bits of things I don't even recognise!! I had a quick look in the loft too (just to annoy myself even further) and it's got old MG car seats, car ramps, tyres etc. So I'm absolutely livid! The shippers are coming on the 14th and I haven't a clue what to do with all this stuff. I made 2 trips to the tip today with the car FULL (a Honda CRV with the seats folded, so that's a HUGE amount of stuff), gave a load of stuff to my neighbour and my dad filled his car with bits and pieces, but I am still left with a garage full.

So, after my rant , my question is this. Do tools have to be spotlessly clean for customs? They've never been used outside so there's no danger of soil etc on them, just oil and rust. There's no way I've got time to clean them all. I hope someone can answer this. If not, do you have the instructions for making a bomb? That would solve all my problems .

Cheers
TJ

Hi TJ

:scared:
Get Mr Johnston back on the next flight to UK

Beth
Old Mar 5th 2006, 3:25 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
TJ
I'm sure they all have to be cleaned with some thing like Jayes.
Good Luck with the cleaning
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:02 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny how quickly you can go off someone isn't it ?
Can't answer your question but sympathise with your plight, I'm afraid I'd be tempted to pay someone to come in and dump the lot
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:09 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers
TJ
just leave it behind. "bloody shippers must have lost it darling"
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
I'm sure they all have to be cleaned with some thing like Jayes.
Good Luck with the cleaning
Not sure this answer is going to be applicable but will give it a go... My best friends emigrated to NZ last year and he is a mechanic - so as you can imagine he has a massive tool box full of greasy tools. To help them out with the same question you have asked I contacted NZ MAF and they said the tools didnt need to be cleaned.

Therefore, to cut a long story short. A quick call to the oz equivalent (memory block on the name of them,sorry) will be able to clarify it further for you. Good Luck.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
TJ
Have heard of someone who put her husband's tools through the dishwasher with no ill effects As to the rest, well, if it's anything like the stuff here it's probably just junk, so get someone round to cart it all away. I would just take the tools. And if there are any moans or groans from hubby, select the biggest spanner you can find and beat him over the head with it for leaving you to sort it all out on your own
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Not sure this answer is going to be applicable but will give it a go... My best friends emigrated to NZ last year and he is a mechanic - so as you can imagine he has a massive tool box full of greasy tools. To help them out with the same question you have asked I contacted NZ MAF and they said the tools didnt need to be cleaned.

Therefore, to cut a long story short. A quick call to the oz equivalent (memory block on the name of them,sorry) will be able to clarify it further for you. Good Luck.

Thanks for all your comments.....still furious . Sorry to be dim but what is NZ MAF? Is it customs (AQIS)?
TJ
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:43 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Cheers
TJ
Bloody men
I'd be a lazy cow, hire a skip , and toss the lot in it
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:45 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CathnPaul

I recall reading on here some time ago someone had to clean ALL there tools.Oz and NZ may have different rules.
See the reply below your reply
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Bloody men
I'd be a lazy cow, hire a skip , and toss the lot in it
Am very tempted. Just spoke to him there (he's just arrived in Sydney) and he doesn't know why I'm making a fuss!!! Throughout all this moving process we've never fought, now I have sleeves rolled up and am ready to steam in.
Tracey
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:55 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Am very tempted. Just spoke to him there (he's just arrived in Sydney) and he doesn't know why I'm making a fuss!!! Throughout all this moving process we've never fought, now I have sleeves rolled up and am ready to steam in.
Tracey

Get in there girl just think he's in Sydney now, sunning himself and your left here cleaning all the crap and its bloody freezing
Old Mar 5th 2006, 7:57 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Chuck all non electric tools in the dishwasher since chances are they are stainless steel.

Then hire a skip (the best £60 you will spend) and throw all the crap into it that you dont want to take and have it picked up at the end of the day. Your time, fuel and sanity are worth more than endless trips to the tip.

We had three skips to empty our house - be ruthless - very ruthless. Your husband cant complain about anything being chucked as he should have done it himself

Then get a household sprayer (plant thing) and dilute some Jayes Fluid and spray the tools if you are worried about it to give them that nice disinfectant smell.

Make your life easy and best of luck.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:16 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Set fire to garage and claim on insurance?

did I just say that?
Old Mar 5th 2006, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Set fire to garage and claim on insurance?

did I just say that?

I second that, forget the skip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.