Alpacas help

Old Jan 21st 2008, 9:00 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Alpacas help

Cheers for the reply Arkon.

Debs went to Ekka last year, and was chatting to a fella who breeds and shows Alpacas, if I am right , i recall him saying that.. Llamas are far more easy going, and pet-friendly than alpacas. Albeit I may have that Skew-whiff !

We are aware of Shearing, toe nails, etc and know of a guy who, does the rounds, to shear the Alpacas.
We also have professional shears for our own dogs ( sounds silly, but they are very similar shears to those used for Alpacas, and sheep ) and are willing to give it a go.

We need some 4 legged grass munchers, and sheep are a no no, and so are goats.. so its either Alpacas, or Llamas.

I wasnt aware of the correct way of purchasing. Or desexing, and other stuff.

All I am aware of are Halcyon? is that correct, and we cannot import alpacas from nsw.

Early days yet, have spoken with a fella in Samford today, and arranging to see him in a week or 3. Also kev has put me on to someone, so will follow that up.

We also need animals that are sociable, with humans and dogs, albeit not TOGETHER

Ste
Old Jan 21st 2008, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Cheers for the reply Arkon.

Debs went to Ekka last year, and was chatting to a fella who breeds and shows Alpacas, if I am right , i recall him saying that.. Llamas are far more easy going, and pet-friendly than alpacas. Albeit I may have that Skew-whiff !

We are aware of Shearing, toe nails, etc and know of a guy who, does the rounds, to shear the Alpacas.
We also have professional shears for our own dogs ( sounds silly, but they are very similar shears to those used for Alpacas, and sheep ) and are willing to give it a go.

We need some 4 legged grass munchers, and sheep are a no no, and so are goats.. so its either Alpacas, or Llamas.

I wasnt aware of the correct way of purchasing. Or desexing, and other stuff.

All I am aware of are Halcyon? is that correct, and we cannot import alpacas from nsw.

Early days yet, have spoken with a fella in Samford today, and arranging to see him in a week or 3. Also kev has put me on to someone, so will follow that up.

We also need animals that are sociable, with humans and dogs, albeit not TOGETHER

Ste
They do spit, but normally only at each other or if you try and touch a baby whilst it's mother is near by. If you do get spat at then its 2 showers minimum to get rid of the stink, a few days if they manage to spit in your ear or up your nose. never stand between 2 females at feeding time, thats a guaranteed flob in the ear.

Sounds like a normal night out in Gympie ! (well apart from the showers )Just up your street me thinks !
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:13 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute