Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For all those who miss British sweeties

For all those who miss British sweeties

Old Jan 6th 2010, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute
Default For all those who miss British sweeties

....here is some good news:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...Fountains.html

now all we need is for Walkers to start exporting too...Prawn cocktail flavoured crisps- yum
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: For all those who miss British sweeties

Originally Posted by Pomster

now all we need is for Walkers to start exporting too...Prawn cocktail flavoured crisps- yum
LOL they had them in my local Blockbuster the other day - threw me for a minute! Just wish they'd change their chocolate recipe here and make it as yummy as the UK one
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Pomster

Been here just over a year and the only thing I miss is Walkers Salt & Vinegar French Fries. I would not mind but I never ate many of them when I was in the the Uk more of a sweet lady myself. Just started craving them last week.
Oh and pickled onion space invaders and ....................

Mrs Isle
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:59 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isle
Been here just over a year and the only thing I miss is Walkers Salt & Vinegar French Fries. I would not mind but I never ate many of them when I was in the the Uk more of a sweet lady myself. Just started craving them last week.
Oh and pickled onion space invaders and ....................

Mrs Isle
Monster Munch and Tayto crisps
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Our british lolly shop does monster munch pickled onion.......yum!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Our british lolly shop does monster munch pickled onion.......yum!
Hold on my address is ............................
Old Jan 6th 2010, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

lol! They are not quite the same as how I remember them when I was little....you know that way when they'd draw the cheeks of your arse together!

No where near as nippy now......shame!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Elmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to allElmo2552 is a name known to all

mmmmmmmm pickled onion monster munch!!

I dont move to oz for another 2 months but think im gonna have to take a supply with me!!
Old Jan 7th 2010, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Monster Munch and Tayto crisps
Snap, plus Jacobs Jaffa Cakes and Fig Roles...
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:07 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze
Snap, plus Jacobs Jaffa Cakes and Fig Roles...
Ah fig rolls,almost forgot about those,lovely dipped in yer tea
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:23 am
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

The sherbet will make lots of friends with the aussie dentist.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 1:31 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by TillyG
Just wish they'd change their chocolate recipe here and make it as yummy as the UK one
They actually did some months ago... but had to revert back to the traditional recipe after all the complaints.

“May 2009 - Australian Chocolate lovers are outraged at Cadbury’s decision to add vegetable fat to its Australian chocolate range“
August 20, 2009 – Australia
“We are removing palm oil and returning to a cocoa butter only recipe for Cadbury’s entire moulded block chocolate range
Palm oil is a cheap source of vegetable fat which is used to extend the shelf-life of UK Cadbury's chocolate. http://www.foe.co.uk/resource/press_..._20052004.html

Old Jan 7th 2010, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Ah fig rolls,almost forgot about those,lovely dipped in yer tea
I hate fig rolls.As a child I remember being gutted if I was sent out to buy a packet of them knowing that I wouldnt be getting any.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

You can get fig rolls in Woolworths and some IGA stores.
Old Jan 7th 2010, 7:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
You can get fig rolls in Woolworths and some IGA stores.
Coles do them too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.