Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For all those interested in going to the Nikon Indy 300

Wikiposts

For all those interested in going to the Nikon Indy 300

Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For all those interested in going to the Nikon Indy 300

Originally Posted by steve`o
dont forget the miss indy comp

They aren't quite my type
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:20 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They aren't quite my type

they dont do a indy warlock comp but there is always
mr indy comp
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-indy.html

or the hunks in trunks comp
http://www.swimsuitmagazine.com/maga...in_trunks.html

or for thoose with a bit of spare cash the GC hunks
http://www.truelocal.com.au/business...rfers-paradise
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:24 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

they dont do a indy warlock comp but there is always
mr indy comp
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...oast-indy.html

or the hunks in trunks comp
http://www.swimsuitmagazine.com/maga...in_trunks.html

or for thoose with a bit of spare cash the GC hunks
http://www.truelocal.com.au/business...rfers-paradise
Enough to keep me occupied all weekend
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We just arrived here and the roads were just steady, probably no worse than a usual rush-hour in Brisbane.
I'm sure you're mistaken. The entire area is at a standstill. I've been reliably informed by someone who doesn't live anywhere close.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Letspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant futureLetspretend.... has a brilliant future

Ah I`ve just driven through.

I think I was in the Taxi event, they were everywhere!!!

No problems here......yet!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

I've raced in the Indycar feeder series in the USA before and can tell you street circuits are seriously good fun. You only have to look at how the USA do them and how well they work, to see why F1 are looking more and more this way.

Will 100% be going to Surfers for the Indy when we get out to Oz next year.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:03 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
This is funny. I'll have some of that popcorn.
track map

http://www.indy.com.au/data/Offtrack...00_4C_LR17.pdf

went into surfers this morning ( called out to the hard rock cafe ) and after all the stay away its chaos on the radio i was pleasently supprised that the roads around cavall mall etc were actually quite empty

bundall road however is very busy i suspect that most people are using this as an alternative to the gold coast highway at the moment

can i have salt on my popcorn please
Just when you think this is gona be fun, it goes quiet
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we had a fantastic day at the indy yesterday, atmosphere was AMAZING....as for it being such an inconvenience, what a load of crap, our parents are living in main beach at the mo 'inside' the track compound and they've not moaned about it at all. We have used their 4 day residents passes

Events like this show that the gold coast has got that energy/vibe that we personally found so lacking in brisbane

Absolutely love living here and hopefully this event will run on and on each year.

We had a GREAT time - woohooo!!!!!!!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:11 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Suni&Jay
Just when you think this is gona be fun, it goes quiet
That's cos we're all down here for the racing and it sure ain't quiet here!

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 25th 2008 at 11:14 am.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:14 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by sammyg
Well, we had a fantastic day at the indy yesterday, atmosphere was AMAZING....as for it being such an inconvenience, what a load of crap, our parents are living in main beach at the mo 'inside' the track compound and they've not moaned about it at all. We have used their 4 day residents passes

Events like this show that the gold coast has got that energy/vibe that we personally found so lacking in brisbane

Absolutely love living here and hopefully this event will run on and on each year.

We had a GREAT time - woohooo!!!!!!!
Cross your fingers that they get the green light to continue -the Americans want to change the date to much earlier in the year and the Gold Coast aren't keen.
Its been quieter this year than the past few years, but the whole buzz of the place is still amazing I am soooooo addicted to the sound of the Indy cars as the noise echoes round the high-rises.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, there is a hell of a lot of effort that goes into it that's for sure, all so worth it though (if you happen to attend that is of course). We took our 12 yo daughter and she enjoyed it too...especially when the f11 fighter jet came over us yesterday afternoon - wow!!!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:06 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by sammyg
Yep, there is a hell of a lot of effort that goes into it that's for sure, all so worth it though (if you happen to attend that is of course). We took our 12 yo daughter and she enjoyed it too...especially when the f11 fighter jet came over us yesterday afternoon - wow!!!
I got the good end of the deal this year - I'm down here spectating, while The Bloke does all the hard work! He's a fire marshal, and he's in his element this year as he's working in the Indy pits

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 25th 2008 at 9:18 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 8:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You both seem to be forgetting how disrupting to the entire area it is. Are you sure you were at the right place?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:17 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You both seem to be forgetting how disrupting to the entire area it is. Are you sure you were at the right place?
Must be a parallel Indy
Old Oct 25th 2008, 9:20 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Must be a parallel Indy
So what did you think of my world Must change my whatsit back. I'm over telling people I go to other places

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.