Airbus A380 Flight

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

gregevan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Airbus A380 Flight

For anyone who wants to see whats it's like on board the A380. This was a route proving flight from Frankfurt to Washington and gives some insight into what we can expect in economy on the A380.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/av...0-at-last.html
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:38 am
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Airbus A380 Flight

Looks good
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

It looks good.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:25 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeresaG
It looks good.

Its an awesome plane i make some parts for it.........the interiors will all be different depending on which airline company it is purchased by.

Singapore airways are the first on the list for delivery around October time............Qantas have the biggest order 19 of the big buggers.

Once the plane is in service we could be seeing a bit of a price war going on as the other airline companies fight for the market share i think that Singapore will set the precidient for pricing and the others will have to follow suit.

China are on about buying some A380's and use them for internal flights they say they can fit 800 passengers on internal flights by even having some standing style seats

It an amazing piece of manufacturing and engineering.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Emirates have 45 on firm order in three configurations.

1. a low density, long range three - class 489 seater.

2. a low density, medium range three - class 517 seater.

3. and a high density, medium range two - class 644 seater.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:57 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gregevan
Emirates have 45 on firm order in three configurations.

1. a low density, long range three - class 489 seater.

2. a low density, medium range three - class 517 seater.

3. and a high density, medium range two - class 644 seater.
OOOps forgot bout Emirates lol.

Would love to be on it at some point to experience it.
Old Apr 4th 2007, 6:39 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who wants to see whats it's like on board the A380. This was a route proving flight from Frankfurt to Washington and gives some insight into what we can expect in economy on the A380.

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/av...0-at-last.html
I dont get all the hype, whats the big deal with being able to sit in a tank in the sky with an extra few hundred people, sod increasing the size of the damn thing, make it go twice as bloody fast so I spend as little time in it as possible
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
Its an awesome plane i make some parts for it.........the interiors will all be different depending on which airline company it is purchased by.

Singapore airways are the first on the list for delivery around October time............Qantas have the biggest order 19 of the big buggers.

Once the plane is in service we could be seeing a bit of a price war going on as the other airline companies fight for the market share i think that Singapore will set the precidient for pricing and the others will have to follow suit.

China are on about buying some A380's and use them for internal flights they say they can fit 800 passengers on internal flights by even having some standing style seats

It an amazing piece of manufacturing and engineering.
October ....they'll be lucky!! (unless you meant 2008)
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tofster
October ....they'll be lucky!! (unless you meant 2008)
The first SIA Airbus A380 to be delivered is in the paint shop just now!

Have a look here.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-sia-a380.html
Old Apr 15th 2007, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

tofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud oftofster has much to be proud of

The first SIA Airbus A380 to be delivered is in the paint shop just now!

Have a look here.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-sia-a380.html
Awesome - can't wait !!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

Well, I will be avoiding it like the plage for a couple of years. Call me cautious, but most defects in planes show up in the first two years of service. Now I am not saying the A380 is going to be a troublesome plane.

Remember that the DC10, the Comet before it, as well as the Lockheed Constellation all seemed fine for a while and then the flaws in their design/manufacture showed up with catastrophic consequences!

I am not down crying the plane, just saying let it prove itself before you go bigging it up!

As Steve said
I dont get all the hype, whats the big deal with being able to sit in a tank in the sky with an extra few hundred people
A good point, while the A380 is a technological marvel it isn't really anything compared to a certain couple of birds I could mention from the 60's (B747 (I mean this plane could take 500 people a long time ago) and Concorde)) and they make the A380 look like Airbus isn't really trying.

The B747 was much more cutting edge for its day than the A380 is now.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andym79
Well, I will be avoiding it like the plage for a couple of years. Call me cautious, but most defects in planes show up in the first two years of service. Now I am not saying the A380 is going to be a troublesome plane.

Remember that the DC10, the Comet before it, as well as the Lockheed Constellation all seemed fine for a while and then the flaws in their design/manufacture showed up with catastrophic consequences!

I am not down crying the plane, just saying let it prove itself before you go bigging it up!

As Steve said

A good point, while the A380 is a technological marvel it isn't really anything compared to a certain couple of birds I could mention from the 60's (B747 (I mean this plane could take 500 people a long time ago) and Concorde)) and they make the A380 look like Airbus isn't really trying.

The B747 was much more cutting edge for its day than the A380 is now.
Hey, a fellow plane boff - love it. Don't remember the Connie having any issues though...?
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

Don't get me wrong, in the end the Connie was a brilliant plane! However it had teething problems, three crashes in it first ten months of service. Surprising as in my opinion Lockheed make the best planes in the world.

Take the L-1011 that plane was almost perfection, the safest large jet till the B777 and A340 and the L-1011 entered service in 1972. Still you can see why it was much better than the DC10 and the derivative the MD11, Lockheed engineered that plane, Boeing did a similar job on the 727 though its not a refined. Whereas Douglas shoved an engine on the tail and said that will do (You can see why Locheed get the military contracts (Take the Blackbird, it can fly at 85,000 at Mach 3 launched 1968 retired in 2002)). Thats why the L-1011 was a commercial failure it cost too much.

The first Connie incident happened on a Pan Am flight an engine fell of in flight, the second an engine caught on fire on a TWA flight, I can't remember the third of the top of my head, the airworthiness certificate was even suspended till Lockheed made modifications. After modifications, it record is almost flawless till they where all but retired in 1978!
Old Apr 16th 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Don't get me wrong, in the end the Connie was a brilliant plane! However it had teething problems, three crashes in it first ten months of service. Surprising as in my opinion Lockheed make the best planes in the world.

Take the L-1011 that plane was almost perfection, the safest large jet till the B777 and A340 and the L-1011 entered service in 1972. Still you can see why it was much better than the DC10 and the derivative the MD11, Lockheed engineered that plane, Boeing did a similar job on the 727 though its not a refined. Whereas Douglas shoved an engine on the tail and said that will do (You can see why Locheed get the military contracts (Take the Blackbird, it can fly at 85,000 at Mach 3 launched 1968 retired in 2002)). Thats why the L-1011 was a commercial failure it cost too much.

The first Connie incident happened on a Pan Am flight an engine fell of in flight, the second an engine caught on fire on a TWA flight, I can't remember the third of the top of my head, the airworthiness certificate was even suspended till Lockheed made modifications. After modifications, it record is almost flawless till they where all but retired in 1978!
I Think I'll PM you in case the rest of the threaders doze off....................
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Whereas Douglas shoved an engine on the tail and said that will do (You can see why Locheed get the military contracts (Take the Blackbird, it can fly at 85,000 at Mach 3 launched 1968 retired in 2002)). Thats why the L-1011 was a commercial failure it cost too much.
Sure, the DC-10 is a pile of pooh but what about the military version, the KC-10 Extender? 60 built, only one lost due to a ground fire, making it the safest USAF plane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.