Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Air Con/refrigeration licence is it hard to get in Brisbane?

Air Con/refrigeration licence is it hard to get in Brisbane?

Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:45 am
Just Joined

mobilephone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air Con/refrigeration licence is it hard to get in Brisbane?

Still in Uk at the moment till house sells.
Have all relevant Uk qualification, but I understand need to get a Oz licence.
Dose it cost much for the licence? How long dose it normally take?
With the recession are you having trouble finding work?
Thanks in advance
Garry
Old Jun 19th 2009, 8:59 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Con/refrigeration licence is it hard to get in Brisbane?

Originally Posted by mobilephone
Still in Uk at the moment till house sells.
Have all relevant Uk qualification, but I understand need to get a Oz licence.
Dose it cost much for the licence? How long dose it normally take?
With the recession are you having trouble finding work?
Thanks in advance
Garry
Have a colleague who is waiting for the next Vettasses for refrigeration mechanic in UK - the July asessments were cancelled.

To answer your question in any way I will need to know a bit more about your circumstances, Vettasses is the most recent method for assessment of refrigeration skills though and you will probably find yourself going down this route, try googling it. If you are already in Oz ie have got in on spouses trade/ skills etc. then you may be able to apply direct to the TRA (trades recognition australia) for an ARTC (australian recognised trade certificate) which you will probably be able to use to apply for your licence - expect a practical assessment that is very thorough (apparently the most thorough of all trades). I am sorry I am a bit vague but I have been going through a similar ball ache for a special class electrician application but i am presuming there will be similarities in the approach.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Have a colleague who is waiting for the next Vettasses for refrigeration mechanic in UK - the July asessments were cancelled.

To answer your question in any way I will need to know a bit more about your circumstances, Vettasses is the most recent method for assessment of refrigeration skills though and you will probably find yourself going down this route, try googling it. If you are already in Oz ie have got in on spouses trade/ skills etc. then you may be able to apply direct to the TRA (trades recognition australia) for an ARTC (australian recognised trade certificate) which you will probably be able to use to apply for your licence - expect a practical assessment that is very thorough (apparently the most thorough of all trades). I am sorry I am a bit vague but I have been going through a similar ball ache for a special class electrician application but i am presuming there will be similarities in the approach.

So good of you to answer me mate. I am lucky to have a visa, I just wanted to hear from some one in Oz who has a licence to see whats involved. I am still in Uk at the moment.
Good luck with your application.
Is any one in brisbane who is in Air con?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

This thread may be of interest:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=wardy2
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Thanks mate. I have a lot to read up. A lot more involved than I realised. Dose not look good. I hope that some one will have some positive news to share. Surley it can't be all doom and gloom?
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Default Any one in Air con got doing ok in Brisbane area?

Has anyone got any good news to tell. It can not be all doom and gloom. Air con is a big thing is Brisbane with all the heat and humid . has anyone got a positive story about the long process of getting the license you need to work?
Any one?
Any want to talk to me? I don't bite honest.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

Are you in Air con?
Thanks again for the info mate.