Advice needed.....

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice needed.....

Am getting really mad and stressed - I bought a new TV (on 16/09) from a well known shop here and what they delivered on 18/9 was an old/used TV (the lcd panel was scratched, no cling film on the sides of the TV front...etc). So complained to them and was sent another TV this afternoon. Again the box looked like it was repacked, and sure enough when I opened and peeked from the top - could clearly see that they had sent me yet another used piece (probably a display unit from one of their showrooms). Spoke to Manager of the shop who sounded least bit apologetic - told me he would have to order a new one as they don't have any in stock...blah...blah...and that he would get the sales rep to call me this evening. What do I do now?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:20 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice needed.....

Originally Posted by IndieG
Am getting really mad and stressed - I bought a new TV (on 16/09) from a well known shop here and what they delivered on 18/9 was an old/used TV (the lcd panel was scratched, no cling film on the sides of the TV front...etc). So complained to them and was sent another TV this afternoon. Again the box looked like it was repacked, and sure enough when I opened and peeked from the top - could clearly see that they had sent me yet another used piece (probably a display unit from one of their showrooms). Spoke to Manager of the shop who sounded least bit apologetic - told me he would have to order a new one as they don't have any in stock...blah...blah...and that he would get the sales rep to call me this evening. What do I do now?
Get your money back and go elsewhere....
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Get your money back and go elsewhere....
ok thanks, that is an option - what if they refuse to give me a refund?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just got a call from their sales rep - they've promised a "new" piece this Sat...let's see
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't quote me but as they have yet to supply you with the actual product you paid for, I think you should be entitled....
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Complain to head office perhaps?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:43 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean if they refuse? You paid for a new TV and they delivered a used one. Clearly not what you paid for, so they are obliged to refund your money.

Or you could do what I did when we were having problems with Trevor's Carpets here in Perth. I rang and when they were arsey with me on the phone I told them that was fine, not to bother because I had no problem picketting their stores on Saturdays with large groups of colleagues. Strangely they managed to fix my problem within the next 24 hours.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks all...got a TV - fed up with having to return it again and again. This one's ok (at least there are no scratches on the lcd screen and it looks ok). Strangely, the screen had fingerprints on them and they had put a "cling film" on the sides to make it appear new

Anyway the shop is Clive Peeters at Richmond and I won't be buying from them again.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 8:10 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid the attitude is not uncommon. Many stores / tradesmen will try it on - and when they are rumbled it's almost as if *you* are at fault.

Buyer beware everywhere - but especially in Australia.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 10:43 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Get all the evidence you can, photos, diary notes etc and contact these guys... http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/CA256...=Home~&2=~&3=~
Even a threat to contact them, should make the supplier quiver.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 6:51 am
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all

Thanks all...got a TV - fed up with having to return it again and again. This one's ok (at least there are no scratches on the lcd screen and it looks ok). Strangely, the screen had fingerprints on them and they had put a "cling film" on the sides to make it appear new

Anyway the shop is Clive Peeters at Richmond and I won't be buying from them again.
Very surprising. Clive Peeters is a well known store with branches all over Melbourne. Since it is well known I would complain to the head office and as has been suggested, get a refund and go elsewhere. Consider the amount of money you're forking out. I would be livid if I thought for a second that my new TV is "used". Don't take the risk, complain, get a refund and go elsewhere, even if you have to pay a bit more for peace of mind.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wol
I'm afraid the attitude is not uncommon. Many stores / tradesmen will try it on - and when they are rumbled it's almost as if *you* are at fault.

Buyer beware everywhere - but especially in Australia.
I was having a bit of trouble starting my vehicle so I took the starter motor out, dismantled it and cleaned it thoroughly in a kero cleaner. Upon bench testing it, I found that the starter motor was in good working order but the solinoid was faulty. I took the whole starter motor to an Auto electrician so that I could order the correct solinoid. The "Trades Person" behind the counter tried to tell me that the whole starter motor was completely knackered and that he could have a new one in for by the next day Costing approx $650.00. I informed him that after stripping it down, cleaning it and bench testing it, I found that only the solinoid was faulty. I came away with a new solinoid costing $37.99 and refitted it to my vehicle. Guess what, it all works just fine.

Trades Persons = Rip off merchants. (and I use the term "Trades Person" loosly)

Barney
Old Sep 27th 2009, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Indie, it's Australia, not Dubai, you can get your money back.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kim67
Hey Indie, it's Australia, not Dubai, you can get your money back.
lol Kim - yeah I know. But the kids ain't letting this one leave In any case it is in good condition (probably used as a showroom display model - can't tell though) and is about a month old (the shipment label from Sony is 21/8).
Old Sep 27th 2009, 2:59 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mecheng
Very surprising. Clive Peeters is a well known store with branches all over Melbourne. Since it is well known I would complain to the head office and as has been suggested, get a refund and go elsewhere. Consider the amount of money you're forking out. I would be livid if I thought for a second that my new TV is "used". Don't take the risk, complain, get a refund and go elsewhere, even if you have to pay a bit more for peace of mind.
I agree. Even if happy with the TV now, I would do a letter of complaint to the Head Office, and explain that you plan to not shop with them again, and that about 5,000 British Migrants are also eagerly waiting to see how they respond to this letter ....

I would also mention that I will be trying Clive Anthony's "The Real Clive" next time No, on second thoughts, that would be pushing it too far....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.