Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

ADF, help please!!!!

ADF, help please!!!!

Old Jul 15th 2008, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

annette5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADF, help please!!!!

Can anyone help please? We are trying to transfer to the Australian Army at the moment. We are in the early stages and would welcome ay advice.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 5:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADF, help please!!!!

Originally Posted by annette5
Can anyone help please? We are trying to transfer to the Australian Army at the moment. We are in the early stages and would welcome ay advice.
Welcome to BE
Join the boat, there seems to be rather a lot of us either just transfered or in the process.
Have you sent off your application yet?
If not i suggest you look at this website first www.defence.gov.au/army
I have quite a bit of information that i have researched and i will be happy to share. However with it being military of nature i prefer to use either email or private message to give any info out.
Once you have had 3 posts you will be able to use the PM facility.
If you do a search you should come up with a few names who have connections to the ADF.
Im not on the forum very often at the moment due to studying , but if you are not in a rush i will get back to you.
Mandy
Old Jul 15th 2008, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that. My husband is in the process of sorting out his medical, having applied , we are now just doing what we are told!!!
We were woundering what comes next.

Thanks Annette
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. My husband is in the process of sorting out his medical, having applied , we are now just doing what we are told!!!

Thanks Annette
I see you have got your interview in August, you will get all your information needed from that. AS the info i have got comes from a copy of a cd from the interviews that took place last year.

WE dipped out on the interviews this year, as the skills assessment hasn't come back yet. So you are further ahead of us Good luck.
Mandy
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Thanks Annette

Annette

We are going through this process. started last yeat with our interview in aug 07. Finally flying in Jan 09!.

Though there seems to be a significant amount to do for the interview, it is not until later that the paperwork starts!. In short, you will get a reasonable amount of info and direction on the day of your interviews. Then after a couple of months you get an email from DOCM-A with more info & direction in it and then things start to move forward.

Am happy for you to email or PM me if you have any specific questions.

Regards

Mark
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Hey Mark

Thanks for your help, you must be really excited as Jan is not to far away. Would love to PM you to pick your brains, but I am a bit of a forum virgin and dont know how!!!!

And quick message to Mandy... we have not had a date for interview yet, they have just asked us for my OH to have a full medical and all his old med docs to be sent and expressed that there were vaccancies in his area of expertise!!

thanks Annette
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good news for you then if they are asking for that with out an interview. so far we have waited over 3 months and are still waiting for the skills assessment and have been told just to wait. We were told they only interview in August each year, however occasionally they do hold telephone interviews. thats why we are gutted at not getting an interview this year as it may hold us up in getting to oz.
However knowing we only have 9 months left in the army and dont fancy moving from Germany back to the UK we are looking into getting our own visa as back up incase there are no vaccancies in hubby field of experience.

I personally think that it all depends on who is handling the paperwork.

Keep us updated.
ps to send personal mail, you click on the persons name and a few options will come up one being send pm. Now you have more than 3 posts you can do that.
Mandy

Last edited by geordie mandy; Jul 16th 2008 at 10:20 am.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

You ready for 8 month tours?!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

gshem is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Annette
We also had our interviews last year. Packers are on their final day and we fly in just over 2 weeks. Likewise if you have any specific questions pm me. However would suggest that you start looking at the visa forms (Form 47ES and 80 - if I recall correctly) as some detailed information is required. Completing them might be a waste of time as the forms are reviewed every 3 months and your application must be on the lastest version but, even though submitting your forms is some way off yet, at least you will have gathered the information together.