Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Active "real" football supporters, what do you do here ?

Active "real" football supporters, what do you do here ?

Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:34 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Active "real" football supporters, what do you do here ?

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's definitely better standard than the Scottish league and a far better/fairer competition.. I think you'll find most football pundits will agree that the A league standard is somewhere between League one and the Championship... which is a lot higher than it has been.
i was at the windup. My hubby has actually been saying the same thing. He has a season book for The Roar and goes to all the home games (and has been to a couple of away games too recently).
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:34 am
Well Endowed Member

The Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really nice

As an Evertonian back in the UK, well the Isle of Man specifically ... and former patron of the Shed at the Glory I can officially comment.

The A League is a hapless nonsense. I still watch the highlights programme and they struggle to find any

Unfortunately the tripe being served up at Goodison isn't exactly samba football either ...

Couple of reasons for the above title.... Firstly lets dismiss most of the viewers that will take a look at this thread. Sky Viewers and Premier league club TV watchers dont bother with this thread please. Your not real supporters ! ... The term Plastics comes to mind... Caviet... Unless you were a Premier league Season ticket holder or went to at least 75 pct of your clubs home games.

Basically I'm aiming this thread at people that go to games in the football league and Scottish leagues each week in the UK. There will come a time when infrequent glimpses of your team on TV at ungodly hours will start to irritate you beyond belief You may even get to the stage after 8 years or more where you stop looking at your teams results first thing after a game. You may even get to the stage when you dont know who your team is playing next.

So are you going to try the A league ? If not why not ? Just want to see the UK based reasons why the A league is having a bit of a hiatus. This lull happened with the MLS then it really started to kick on. So when are you guys coming.

Was very impressed with the Newcastle Support at AAMI on Saturday.... They obviously have a decent atmosphere at their ground. So in their case... and Sydneys and Adelaides and possibly Perths I dont think a dodgy atmosphere is much of an excuse at this early stage of the A league developement.

I dont expect many if any replies ....but I'm dead keen to spread the A league word.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I'm a Leicester City fan (booooo ssssss at Polly). When I went to uni in Derby and then lived in Northampton I would go to probably a dozen games every season.

Since I've been in Aus I didn't really follow any team here. The first thing I still do on Sunday mornings is to check how the Foxes went overnight. When the A-League started I went to a few QLD Roar games but the quality used to piss me off. It used to really annoy me because I knew that once upon a time I could have probably done better than them. But in the last few years the A-League has really picked up and the quality now I reckon is close to British Championship level. My son and I both have season ticket to the Brisbane Roar now and he is absolutely obsessed. He knows all of the names of the players and in which games they scored. He also reminds me when they are playing so we can check results when playing away. All this from a 6 year old!
Great to see

If the cards fall right for the finals and my build is +90 pct finished.... I'll get you and Polly a beer up in Brisbane either the day before or after the game... Hmmm probably the day before would be best.

Lets see how the finals run
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:36 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see

If the cards fall right for the finals and my build is +90 pct finished.... I'll get you and Polly a beer up in Brisbane either the day before or after the game... Hmmm probably the day before would be best.

Lets see how the finals run
Sounds good. If all goes to plan we may even get to go to the Grand Final while you're here
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good. If all goes to plan we may even get to go to the Grand Final while you're here
Stop it ! I'll go into a dream like state LOL !

God I hope that really happens. Wouldnt that be good for the A league... Especially up in Brisbane.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:42 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Stop it ! I'll go into a dream like state LOL !

God I hope that really happens. Wouldnt that be good for the A league... Especially up in Brisbane.
like last year?
Old Jan 10th 2012, 3:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

like last year?
Yehp that was a good display. Would be even better if MV and their finals hoards were on show. Brisbane would really suit us for that.