British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   BE Accents & Appearances (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/accents-appearances-621988/)

framac67 Jul 25th 2009 12:54 am

BE Accents & Appearances

If we were to meet BE posters, would we be taken aback with their accents and looks. People get pre-concieved ideas and only when we are introduced, do we go, "He/she is not what I expected". Scottiscelts comes from near me as does Soapy, so I know what they sound and look like (saw photo). Is this just me or is it more comon.:confused:

Bernieboy Jul 25th 2009 1:04 am

Re: BE Accents & Appearances

Originally Posted by framac67 (Post 7782058)
If we were to meet BE posters, would we be taken aback with their accents and looks. People get pre-concieved ideas and only when we are introduced, do we go, "He/she is not what I expected". Scottiscelts comes from near me as does Soapy, so I know what they sound and look like (saw photo). Is this just me or is it more comon.:confused:

Well i met Bobbyfm and he's like he is,weird:lol:,but his missus is lovely:wub:Have also met Pollyana and she is indeed a weather witch:D

Pollyana Jul 25th 2009 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 7782082)
Well i met Bobbyfm and he's like he is,weird:lol:,but his missus is lovely:wub:Have also met Pollyana and she is indeed a weather witch:D

OOh you say the nicest things sometimes :rofl:

You're rather like you appear on here, crazy and off the wall :p

Would love to meet you Framac, time to put a face to the name after all these years - then i'd know who was on the end of the next disaster!

framac67 Jul 25th 2009 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7782096)

Would love to meet you Framac, time to put a face to the name after all these years - then i'd know who was on the end of the next disaster!

I think me n anjibabe are in the gallery but be prepared Poll. AM a stunner n Anjibabes not 3 bad either.:rofl::p;)

Bernieboy Jul 25th 2009 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7782096)

I'd better bring me defibrillator,that framac aint well:lol:

BadgeIsBack Jul 25th 2009 1:19 am

Accents may be similar, but diction and style varies, so I suppose I've never really connected a voice to a location. Pre-conceived ideas: think this would apply to just about everyone - such is the nature of the internet. You can't pigeon-hole individuals but certainly groups and 'scenes' emerge...

..or am I thinking too honestly and orginally again, and will cop it for saying this ;)

Pollyana Jul 25th 2009 1:22 am

Originally Posted by framac67 (Post 7782099)
I think me n anjibabe are in the gallery but be prepared Poll. AM a stunner n Anjibabes not 3 bad either.:rofl::p;)

I'll make it up there one day and meet you in person - I'm not coming on a day when its raining though :blink:

framac67 Jul 25th 2009 1:23 am

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack (Post 7782109)
Accents may be similar, but diction and style varies, so I suppose I've never really connected a voice to a location. Pre-conceived ideas: think this would apply to just about everyone - such is the nature of the internet. You can't pigeon-hole individuals but certainly groups and 'scenes' emerge...

..or am I thinking too honestly and orginally again, and will cop it for saying this ;)

Never spoke directly to Soapy or Sc but al bet a pound to a penny, they sound the same as me. You could throw a blanket and it would cover our threes areas.;)

framac67 Jul 25th 2009 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 7782115)
I'll make it up there one day and meet you in person - I'm not coming on a day when its raining though :blink:

:rofl: Could do with a drop of rain. (just a wee drop). Hardly had any this year.:p

Bernieboy Jul 25th 2009 1:25 am

Originally Posted by framac67 (Post 7782116)
Never spoke directly to Soapy or Sc but al bet a pound to a penny, they sound the same as me. You could throw a blanket and it would cover our threes areas.;)

Met the soapster and he does indeed talk utter pish,but a good lad all the same:thumbup:

Pollyana Jul 25th 2009 1:32 am

Originally Posted by framac67 (Post 7782119)
:rofl: Could do with a drop of rain. (just a wee drop). Hardly had any this year.:p

Kerist you've jinxed yourself now :eek: Please don't let it be on my shift........

framac67 Jul 25th 2009 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 7782120)
Met the soapster and he does indeed talk utter pish,but a good lad all the same:thumbup:

Telt ye. Ah thought ah was the only wan who could get sunburn on his tongue.:rofl:

Jan4kids Jul 25th 2009 1:37 am

I often don't factor in a regional accent when I'm reading posts in my head.....and when meeting people from here I often feel a bit silly that I am taken aback that they are Scottish, Northern, Irish etc lol! :unsure:

Jan (A Norf Londoner innit)

framac67 Jul 25th 2009 1:39 am

Originally Posted by Jan4kids (Post 7782137)
I often don't factor in a regional accent when I'm reading posts in my head.....and when meeting people from here I often feel a bit silly that I am taken aback that they are Scottish, Northern, Irish etc lol! :unsure:

Thats exactly what I mean Jan. For some strange reason, I assume everybody speaks like me.:rofl:

scottishcelts Jul 25th 2009 1:40 am

Originally Posted by framac67 (Post 7782116)

Excuse me - i'm far too posh to sound like you. I can't understand you half the time when you start speaking in that .... slang tongue of yours. :D:eek: