Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BE Accents & Appearances

BE Accents & Appearances

Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default BE Accents & Appearances

If we were to meet BE posters, would we be taken aback with their accents and looks. People get pre-concieved ideas and only when we are introduced, do we go, "He/she is not what I expected". Scottiscelts comes from near me as does Soapy, so I know what they sound and look like (saw photo). Is this just me or is it more comon.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:04 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE Accents & Appearances

Originally Posted by framac67
If we were to meet BE posters, would we be taken aback with their accents and looks. People get pre-concieved ideas and only when we are introduced, do we go, "He/she is not what I expected". Scottiscelts comes from near me as does Soapy, so I know what they sound and look like (saw photo). Is this just me or is it more comon.
Well i met Bobbyfm and he's like he is,weird,but his missus is lovelyHave also met Pollyana and she is indeed a weather witch
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Well i met Bobbyfm and he's like he is,weird,but his missus is lovelyHave also met Pollyana and she is indeed a weather witch
OOh you say the nicest things sometimes

You're rather like you appear on here, crazy and off the wall

Would love to meet you Framac, time to put a face to the name after all these years - then i'd know who was on the end of the next disaster!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:15 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Would love to meet you Framac, time to put a face to the name after all these years - then i'd know who was on the end of the next disaster!
I think me n anjibabe are in the gallery but be prepared Poll. AM a stunner n Anjibabes not 3 bad either.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:16 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd better bring me defibrillator,that framac aint well
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Accents may be similar, but diction and style varies, so I suppose I've never really connected a voice to a location. Pre-conceived ideas: think this would apply to just about everyone - such is the nature of the internet. You can't pigeon-hole individuals but certainly groups and 'scenes' emerge...

..or am I thinking too honestly and orginally again, and will cop it for saying this
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:22 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think me n anjibabe are in the gallery but be prepared Poll. AM a stunner n Anjibabes not 3 bad either.
I'll make it up there one day and meet you in person - I'm not coming on a day when its raining though
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Accents may be similar, but diction and style varies, so I suppose I've never really connected a voice to a location. Pre-conceived ideas: think this would apply to just about everyone - such is the nature of the internet. You can't pigeon-hole individuals but certainly groups and 'scenes' emerge...

..or am I thinking too honestly and orginally again, and will cop it for saying this
Never spoke directly to Soapy or Sc but al bet a pound to a penny, they sound the same as me. You could throw a blanket and it would cover our threes areas.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

I'll make it up there one day and meet you in person - I'm not coming on a day when its raining though
Could do with a drop of rain. (just a wee drop). Hardly had any this year.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:25 am
FREE TIBET

Never spoke directly to Soapy or Sc but al bet a pound to a penny, they sound the same as me. You could throw a blanket and it would cover our threes areas.
Met the soapster and he does indeed talk utter pish,but a good lad all the same
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:32 am
Home and Happy

Could do with a drop of rain. (just a wee drop). Hardly had any this year.
Kerist you've jinxed yourself now Please don't let it be on my shift........
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Met the soapster and he does indeed talk utter pish,but a good lad all the same
Telt ye. Ah thought ah was the only wan who could get sunburn on his tongue.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:37 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

I often don't factor in a regional accent when I'm reading posts in my head.....and when meeting people from here I often feel a bit silly that I am taken aback that they are Scottish, Northern, Irish etc lol!

Jan (A Norf Londoner innit)
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jan4kids
I often don't factor in a regional accent when I'm reading posts in my head.....and when meeting people from here I often feel a bit silly that I am taken aback that they are Scottish, Northern, Irish etc lol!
Thats exactly what I mean Jan. For some strange reason, I assume everybody speaks like me.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:40 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse me - i'm far too posh to sound like you. I can't understand you half the time when you start speaking in that .... slang tongue of yours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.