accents

Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:00 am
Banned

darren1021 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default accents

is received pronunciation well received in australia? what about canadian/american accents? do ozzies like em?
I have always been a fan of rp and learnt it for years, so can easily switch to rp and was wondering if it would be a good idea to retain my american accent or just blend in....

what do u guys think?

ps: I wrote this keeping in mind it would not offend any nationality, brit, can or aus. if it does, my sincere apologies...
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: accents

Originally Posted by darren1021
is received pronunciation well received in australia? what about canadian/american accents? do ozzies like em?
I have always been a fan of rp and learnt it for years, so can easily switch to rp and was wondering if it would be a good idea to retain my american accent or just blend in....

what do u guys think?
I don't understand your options; do you think that received pronounciation is blending in? In Australia?

I'd speak with your own natural accent and you will be just fine.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:13 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

what do u guys think?

ps: I wrote this keeping in mind it would not offend any nationality, brit, can or aus. if it does, my sincere apologies...
I'm afraid that you're behind the eight ball with all three of those accents.Just be true to yourself.If someone doesn't like your accent...stuff em
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:19 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

what do u guys think?

Just speak in your natural accent - it is what it is and of no consequence.

Why would you want to speak in a fake accent?
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:27 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to just mimic a strong bogan Australian accent like the ones in 'Kath and Kim'. It's so pleasing to the ear and makes me irresistible to the opposite sex.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:45 am
Banned

darren1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

thought that would be the best way to integrate into australian culture and would in fact demonstrate my commitment to the nation.

as far as i know, canadian immigration minister emphasizes the responsibility of citizenship is to integrate as much as you can........
Old Sep 5th 2011, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

thought that would be the best way to integrate into australian culture and would in fact demonstrate my commitment to the nation.

as far as i know, canadian immigration minister emphasizes the responsibility of citizenship is to integrate as much as you can........
Speaking in a fake posh British accent is not going to help you integrate in Australia, no.

Edit: It wouldn't help you much in the UK either for that matter.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Sep 5th 2011 at 8:52 am. Reason: another thought.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Debs hubby:

be ya self our kid, i ay tekkin no shit from this lot ear. The locals think better on ya if yow be ya self
They keep telling me to slow dahn, and they say, 'wot' a lot for sum rason
Block cuntry born n bred
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:21 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Are you related to canadian1021? They ask daft questions too.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:28 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
I tend to just mimic a strong bogan Australian accent like the ones in 'Kath and Kim'. It's so pleasing to the ear and makes me irresistible to the opposite sex.
Phworrrr
Old Sep 5th 2011, 9:41 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It is a reasonable question but I think you just have to be your normal self.

I would find it almost impossible to abandon my rather prim and proper plum in mouth Queens English.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Seasider
Are you related to canadian1021? They ask daft questions too.
No but at least i know his/her correct name ignoramus.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:25 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deb68
black country is the worstest accent in the whole world.....
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:26 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deb68
You're calling me an ignoramus? There are two posters, darren1021 and canadian1021.

Apology accepted.
Old Sep 5th 2011, 10:30 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Seasider
You're calling me an ignoramus? There are two posters, darren1021 and canadian1021.

Apology accepted.
in the black country its pronounced igneramerrrs...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.