Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Absolutely Furious!!

Absolutely Furious!!

Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:02 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Absolutely Furious!!

I know this is nothing to do with emigrating, but need to get it off my chest as I am soooooooo cross!!

This is now the FIFTH time that a dog owner has allowed their dog to "crap" outside my house, when I came home from the school run this morning there it was again........I have never seen anything like it!!

I am so annoyed that I wrote a note (not a polite one) which I was going to stick outside my house, but my husband said not to as it could make the situation much worse!!

So I rang the local council, (which is very unlike me, not normally one for doing things like that) I have spoken to the "Dog Warden" and they are coming to put signs up, we will see if that makes any difference!!??!?!

The whole reason we dont have a dog is that neither of us feel up to picking up after a dog, so why should I have to keep going outside and picking up after someone elses dog!! It makes me physically sick!!

I cant say what my husband will do to them if he finds out who it is, but it must be someone that lives on the estate as the road goes round in a big circle so wouldn't be a walk for someone not living here!!

Needing KARMA in a big way in order to calm down!!! Any other tips from anyone else out there??

Feeling so much better now, thank you for reading this is like cheap therapy writing on here!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Absolutely Furious!!

That's really inconsiderate - you really must shovel it up and throw it over their fence - even better post through letter box in a clear bag.

Its not only the principal , its the danger to kids who may drop something and come into contact with those horrible germs which can cause blindness.

Karma sent.
Angela
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toon williams
I know this is nothing to do with emigrating, but need to get it off my chest as I am soooooooo cross!!

This is now the FIFTH time that a dog owner has allowed their dog to "crap" outside my house, when I came home from the school run this morning there it was again........I have never seen anything like it!!

I am so annoyed that I wrote a note (not a polite one) which I was going to stick outside my house, but my husband said not to as it could make the situation much worse!!

So I rang the local council, (which is very unlike me, not normally one for doing things like that) I have spoken to the "Dog Warden" and they are coming to put signs up, we will see if that makes any difference!!??!?!

The whole reason we dont have a dog is that neither of us feel up to picking up after a dog, so why should I have to keep going outside and picking up after someone elses dog!! It makes me physically sick!!

I cant say what my husband will do to them if he finds out who it is, but it must be someone that lives on the estate as the road goes round in a big circle so wouldn't be a walk for someone not living here!!

Needing KARMA in a big way in order to calm down!!! Any other tips from anyone else out there??

Feeling so much better now, thank you for reading this is like cheap therapy writing on here!!
I agree with you, i think it is disgusting.We walk the children to school every morning because it is good for them,but then we have to dodge all the dog muck.i really dont know why people cant just bend down and pick it up with a plastic bag and bin it.It really drives me mad.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

It's so annoying isn't it. We have the same problem with next doors cat, it's in our garden every night. Thought about sitting up and waiting for it. It wouldn't be back if I got my hands in it

I'd watch out to see who it is, then I'd chuck the damn thing in their garden or better still save it up for a week or two first. In a bag in the garden of course
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Buy yourself a cheap web cam and have it pointing out into the street - then you willl see who does it!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:21 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Being a dog owner myself I don't know how people can just walk away after their dog has left a pile of crap on somebody else's property... it's disgusting! I have to say old people with small dogs are the worst offenders.. they very rarely pick up after their dogs.. I wonder how those people who leave the mess would feel if their child/grandchild went blind after coming into contact with dog poo...

I don't have any suggestions for how to stop them doing it .. apart from catching them at it, going out, handing them a carrier bag and asking them politely to pick up after their dog...

K sent
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:26 am
Just Joined

jayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to alljayne311 is a name known to all

oh my god...i almost thought someone had posted on my behalf when i read the original post.
i have just had the same thing happen here this morning.
we had the dog warden round and he said he would make more trips round here and hopefully catch the culprits.
cant see that happening as he was here last year and i havent seen him since.
i would love to see who is doing it as you can report them and they will get the fine anyway....
my boys cant even ride the bikes they have in the street unless they are on the road there is so much of the bloody stuff.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

mrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nicemrs. impatient is just really nice

Originally Posted by it_hooker
Buy yourself a cheap web cam and have it pointing out into the street - then you willl see who does it!
we had the same problem,kids couldnt go out without bringing dog muck in on their shoes,same dogs did their business every day outside our house,i used to go mad,i wrote to council and dog warden came around put signs up everywhere,the cheeky bu----- used to let their dogs do right by the signs,one day i got really peed off as my youngest son was only 1 then and he had it all over shoes,i made massive sign saying "if i spot anyones dog fouling outside here again you will be having all my sons dirty nappies delivered to your garden,its just the same" i watched while all neighbours walked passed and read it,my hubby came home and thought it was hysterical,this didnt even work,the only thing it did probably was to make everyone in our village think i was tapped!!! i dont live there anymore!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:30 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Same thing happened to us a few years back...

Theres a large field on the side of my house and this old twat used to let his dog shit on our walkway...so we copped him once letting his dog leave a steaming pile,so my bloke confronted him...caused huge uproar...old twat trying to hit my bloke and everything,denying his dog had shat...when the pile was still steaming...anyway a few days after the council gave him a letter and we've had no bother since...
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:49 am
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Good thinking with the web cam I got one of those to, so will set that up for the morning I think!!

Thanks for everyones comments, nice to know (well it isnt nice really) I not the only one!! Not sure what the fine is if they get caught probably something like £20 so that isnt really preventing these animals (owners included) from doing this!!

The sign I had made before my husband said not to put it up was the following

TO THE PERSON WHOS' DOG KEEPS CRAPPING OUTSIDE MY HOUSE, IF I FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE I WILL POST THE CRAP THROUGH YOUR DOOR!!

Made me feel better making the sign but can see what my hubby is saying is probably only going to make the situation worse!! Still it is sitting in my hallway by the front door waiting to go, nicely laminated and nailed to a wooden post which incidently is a nice size post to hammer over the owners head if I find them!! Just need my husband to agree to putting it up, think I will wait until tomorrow morning when he steps in the fresh s**t!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:51 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely disgusting had to deal with this carry on back home more than here,i think its happened to us about 3times here.
If my dog crapped in someone Else's garden i would pick it up without hesitation.Ive even noticed reports in the local paper about people pretending to pick up poo-WTF is that all about??

One thing i do find embarrassing is having to walk about with a full poo sack cause there is no doggy bins about made worse when you meet someone & stop to chat .Regardless, i do & will continue to pick up after my dog!

Donna.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 11:55 am
An Official Visa Holder

Originally Posted by madsad
One thing i do find embarrassing is having to walk about with a full poo sack cause there is no doggy bins about made worse when you meet someone & stop to chat
That did make me laugh......
My friend has got 3 great danes and she has to carry a tesco bag full sometimes as you can imagine they not small dogs!! Often stop to talk to her when I see her out walking and the first thing she always says is "Sorry about the smell!!" ha ha

Good on you for picking it up though!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

I am in total agreement. If you have a dog, (I have two), you clean up after it. I have asked lots of fellow dog owners to clean up after their dogs and normally am just ignored or get a torrent of abuse. It really cheeses me off as I often get comments directed at my dogs and me. Got so cross with one lady I took my "doggy bags" over to her to show her that I cleaned up after my dogs. All you can do is ask them to pick it up, if not, and you can find out where they live, report them to environments health. We even get people allowing their dogs to crap right beside the dog waste bins. Maybe you should follow the offender(s) home then go and plant a nice big steaming turd of your own in their front garden
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:00 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

What ever happened to white dog sh!t and spangles for that matter ... ?
Old Jan 25th 2006, 12:01 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

That did make me laugh......
My friend has got 3 great danes and she has to carry a tesco bag full sometimes as you can imagine they not small dogs!! Often stop to talk to her when I see her out walking and the first thing she always says is "Sorry about the smell!!" ha ha

Good on you for picking it up though!!!!

Lol! Glad im not the only one to feel a tad 3 Great Danes-OMG!! pHHEEEWWW!!!

Donna.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.