Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

AAPT - avoid them where possible!

AAPT - avoid them where possible!

Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Angry AAPT - avoid them where possible!

I have had such terrible dealings with the company AAPT (phone and Internet service provider) I was with them for over 3 years but the hassle I have had has gotten to the stage where I can hardly keep a civil tongue in my head whn I speak to a customer service (oxymoron) operator!!!

Be warned - avoid this company if at all possible
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AAPT - avoid them where possible!

Yes, we had problems setting up with them too & very poor customer service!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:50 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sasbear

I have had such terrible dealings with the company AAPT (phone and Internet service provider) I was with them for over 3 years but the hassle I have had has gotten to the stage where I can hardly keep a civil tongue in my head whn I speak to a customer service (oxymoron) operator!!!

Be warned - avoid this company if at all possible
Are the customer services operators in Australia? When I lived in Brisbane they were always advertising for staff and they specifically stated they would take backpackers etc - which makes me think they'd have a very high turnover of people who probably couldn't care less! Was a few years ago when I used to see their ads mind you so they might have gone offshore by now?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 7:52 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Customer service doesn't figure highly in Australia, with some notable exceptions.

FWIW I have found Internode very attentive when I have had any issues with my ADSL: they are not the cheaapest but they don't count uploads or downloads from a whole list of radio internet stations.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wol
Customer service doesn't figure highly in Australia, with some notable exceptions.

FWIW I have found Internode very attentive when I have had any issues with my ADSL: they are not the cheaapest but they don't count uploads or downloads from a whole list of radio internet stations.
Wol is RIGHT!

i have been using INTERNODE for 16 months, and that was after days of researching on whirlpool.net forum on who was the best, they say that if you talk to any IT guys, they say Internode is one of the Top 2, the other i think is IINET...

its true that they are not the cheapest but they are VERY reliable and customer service is very good..

cheers

Last edited by obiwan; Sep 4th 2009 at 12:05 pm.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

iinet are excellent imo.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:39 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan
Wol is RIGHT!

i have been using INTERNODE for 16 months, and that was after days of researching on whirlpool.net forum on who was the best, they say that if you talk to any IT guys, they say Internode is the one of the Top 2, the other i think is IINET...

its true that they are not the cheapest but they are VERY reliable and customer service is very good..

cheers
I'm not sure about Internode but iinets's plans are very good value, the connection stays up & their customer service is also excellent. It completely baffles me why anyone goes with Telstra or Optus if they have a choice.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I'm not sure about Internode but iinets's plans are very good value, the connection stays up & their customer service is also excellent. It completely baffles me why anyone goes with Telstra or Optus if they have a choice.
I like the iinet system that rings you back automatically if they are busy....no hanging on the phone waiting. Also good how the call centre auto switches from south africa, to australia then to nz depending on when you ring for better coverage.

Westnet have often been the number 1 rated for service....iinet own them now. Not sure what they are like last couple of years?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:00 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fish.01
I like the iinet system that rings you back automatically if they are busy....no hanging on the phone waiting.
The first time we got that message, we thought 'yeah right, won't hear anything from them'! Blow me, exactly on time we got a human who knew what they were talking about. Hubby had to ring them about something on his birthday and the first thing the guy on the other end said was Happy Birthday. I thought that was quite cool.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

obiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to beholdobiwan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bcworld
It completely baffles me why anyone goes with Telstra or Optus if they have a choice.
because the TV, Newpapers, Radio are flooded with the advertisements and your typical Joe Public always thinks he is better off if he can "bundle" his landline, internet and mobile charges all in one convenient "cheaper" monthly bill......

sorry i need to keep editing my posts (grammar and spelling)...too much wine ...LOL
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by obiwan
because the TV, Newpapers, Radio are flooded with the advertisements and your typical Joe Public always thinks he is better off if he can "bundle" his landline, internet and mobile charges all in one convenient "cheaper" monthly bill......

sorry i need to keep editing my posts (grammar and spelling)...too much wine ...LOL
Nah, keep up with the wine & to hell with the spelling! Just watch out for the caps lock button!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Yes, we had problems setting up with them too & very poor customer service!
Same same . . . absolutely firkin useless