Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

8 million dollar Financial Dilemma

8 million dollar Financial Dilemma

Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:59 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 8 million dollar Financial Dilemma

You can always scam the scammers. They are so greedy that you can demand up front money for costs.

Originally Posted by cresta57
Well we're back safe & sound. The things I've learned this weekend I could write a bloody novel.
Remains to be seen if he'll report the matter, I reckon the other solicitor will anyway
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:30 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Nope I'm fishing tomorrow, with Fred Away all weekend for a change of scenery.
He's pretty gutted but I expect it's because deep down he knew someone in the family was behind it. He's worked for me casual as and when I need a hand for about 7 years. I know him as well as I know anyone here, or so I thought. The things I've found out about his life & family over the last few days have made me realise that all those plots on Home & Away & Neighbours where no kid seems to live with its parents are not so far fetched here.
His step sister had a child & couldn't cope so his parents brought her up as his sister, his step brother is a drug addict, the another is gay & HIV+, a third is a computer wiz that has just sold his company for over a mill. He moved house over 20 times as a small kid. No wonder he left school at 12 to work on a farm. Mum was a big drinker, no one is surprised she's losing her marbles. The only bloke he really cares about is his step-dad, who's a top bloke, I've met him a few times. If the step-dad finds out it will destroy the family for good hence Fred wants to just drop the whole sordid thing.
I'm not for one second doubting that this is a scam, because from all sounds it certainly is. However, from your description of the family, I'm not so sure it could be them. The family sound like dumbass deadbeats with no money from your description (bar the millionnaire brother who probably has no reason to do this), so it doesn't sound like the family have neither the brains nor the upfront capital to devise such an intricate scam. As you said, all for a paltry $5k. If anything this sounds like an "off-the-shelf" scam where they set themselves up with all the docs, number, websites etc then roll it out and try and hit as many people as possible, otherwise, I can't see why it would be worth someone's while
Old Oct 9th 2011, 11:25 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

While we were away for the weekend Fred's O/H had a very interesting phone call:
The estranged half sister rang to find out if they had heard from her daughter. The daughter had always been close to Fred as she'd grown up as his little sister. It turns out that at 15 years old she's run away from home in NSW with a 24yr old. They have been working their way from Armidale/Glen Innis up the coast to QLD. She's adamant she won't return home as she "loves" the man she's with. They had only saved a small amount of cash so funds were tight. Her allowance was cut off as soon as she left in an effort to force her home, it's not worked as she is bright enough & attractive enough to get bar/waitress work cash in hand. She's now top of the suspect list in Fred's wife's view.
On top of that the other step brother, we call him Homo Erectus as he's only just learned to walk upright, has got himself busted with a nice crop of Marijuana plants growing in the back yard, 12 plants = prison with a bit of luck. The knuckle dragging thug wanted bailing out as he'd sunk his rent money into the crop & can't pay the other brother the rent.
The other brother was at the house when cops busted in. They were shall we say a little rough & he ended up with a bloody nose. They were going to arrest him for bleeding on them when he informed them he was HIV+.
Poor Fred you couldn't script a better soap. We went away for the weekend, no phones, no worries, came home to yet more chaos.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 11:40 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

He needs to divorce his family.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

While we were away for the weekend Fred's O/H had a very interesting phone call:
The estranged half sister rang to find out if they had heard from her daughter. The daughter had always been close to Fred as she'd grown up as his little sister. It turns out that at 15 years old she's run away from home in NSW with a 24yr old. They have been working their way from Armidale/Glen Innis up the coast to QLD. She's adamant she won't return home as she "loves" the man she's with. They had only saved a small amount of cash so funds were tight. Her allowance was cut off as soon as she left in an effort to force her home, it's not worked as she is bright enough & attractive enough to get bar/waitress work cash in hand. She's now top of the suspect list in Fred's wife's view.
On top of that the other step brother, we call him Homo Erectus as he's only just learned to walk upright, has got himself busted with a nice crop of Marijuana plants growing in the back yard, 12 plants = prison with a bit of luck. The knuckle dragging thug wanted bailing out as he'd sunk his rent money into the crop & can't pay the other brother the rent.
The other brother was at the house when cops busted in. They were shall we say a little rough & he ended up with a bloody nose. They were going to arrest him for bleeding on them when he informed them he was HIV+.
Poor Fred you couldn't script a better soap. We went away for the weekend, no phones, no worries, came home to yet more chaos.
Ahhh families

Sometimes you just have to go it alone
Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

what utter bastards,how can they sleep @ night
Old Oct 9th 2011, 4:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

They make my family seem almost pleasant. Almost.