70 hours a week

Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 70 hours a week

Originally Posted by Seasider
I used to work whatever hours were needed to get the job done. First week of the month was always hectic and I'd do some very long days but I'd try to claw back a few hours later in the month so on average I'd only work 35-40 hours a week.

Geek is never really off duty. Works in the office (when he's in town) about 8am-6.30pm most days, comes home for dinner, does work at home, is always contactable by phone or email, does international con calls and web demos late at night or early morning, does some work on a weekend, almost always flies after hours or very early morning - I'd hate to put a figure on it.

(And has just completed a Masters, carrying on to get his MBA. Good job he's young and fit.)
That's just like my Geek, his mobile goes off all the time when he is at home because around the world everybody else wakes up & need him, he tells him they have so much jobs to be down that even if he asked to work 24 hours a day 7 days a week, still isn't enough.
On top he has the leaderships training & he is also thinking of doing his MBA this year.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
He is permenant so no over time paid for him.
I'm permanent. And on a salary. And if I work over 40 hours a week, I'm paid overtime. Maybe he should have bargained better when accpeting the job.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:25 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xzibit
I'm permanent. And on a salary. And if I work over 40 hours a week, I'm paid overtime. Maybe he should have bargained better when accpeting the job.
Depends on the industry and seniority of the role.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:27 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
What's 'work'?
Something I am allegedly going back to after I've had this break to do what I need to do. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I am unable to do what I need to do, so instead I play on the internet far too much every day.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

He gets bonus at the end of the year on his performance, may be I won't complain so much if his bonus is good.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I wondered about that. I'm permanent and I get paid overtime. So's my husband.

Anyway, I work 7:00 - 3:30 daily with 1/2 hour lunch. Every 4th week I get a paid day off and paid study leave of 5 hours weekly. Sometimes I work some extra hours (it's a huge international conference this week so lots or prep work over the last few weeks and earlier this week getting things organised) but there are other perks which make up for any overtime I might do.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:31 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Sick kids arrive everyday,they be sick,i be working
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
That's how many hours my OH works on good week, I just never see him. I saw his contract it said start at 8:30 finish 5:30
He starts on good days at 7 am & finishes around 7:30 pm, of course he doesn't get overtime, well fed up with it, who said Australia has laid back attuide cause I never seen it.

Be honest how many hours a week do you work on average?
I attend the office for 35 hours per week and get extremely well paid for my effort but then I'm in London. Australia was a different story probably did around 55 - 60 hours for a moderate salary.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with bargaining power, many companies don't pay overtime. Most people in my organisation are considered "task based" not "time based" employees so we have to work as many hours as it takes to complete our tasks.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Nothing to do with bargaining power, many companies don't pay overtime. Most people in my organisation are considered "task based" not "time based" employees so we have to work as many hours as it takes to complete our tasks.
Sucks to be you then.

But I'd never be hired by a big company expecting to make work my life, as I'm far too lazy. I only work overtime when I want a bit more money to buy something, not to help the company. I have a poor attitude towards work, but it's a necessary evil in my eyes. I'll be dead before I know it, so wanna make the most of the time left.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 5:57 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Screw that - I don't mind putting in some extra time now and then when required but people regularly working 60-70 hour weeks without compensation is a mugs game.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Just before we moved over, we worked out that the husband, holding down three jobs to make ends meet, was working 90 hours a week. 70 doesn't sound too bad.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

The same thing with my hubbies company, they say you can take time off, but when they are quiet, which they never are.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Just before we moved over, we worked out that the husband, holding down three jobs to make ends meet, was working 90 hours a week. 70 doesn't sound too bad.
On the good week he does minuim of 70 hours a week, he works from home too, which I don't count into it, but he loves his job.
Old Aug 12th 2011, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks to be you then.
I have honestly never known any different and I started work in 1992.

But I'd never be hired by a big company expecting to make work my life, as I'm far too lazy. I only work overtime when I want a bit more money to buy something, not to help the company. I have a poor attitude towards work, but it's a necessary evil in my eyes. I'll be dead before I know it, so wanna make the most of the time left.
I agree with the idea of work to live not the other way around, believe it or not that is what I think I do too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.