7 series V A8

Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 7 series V A8

Originally Posted by Seasider
It does however mean that some of us choose not to talk much about our lives because we anticipate we'd get the kind of shite that GG gets if we did.
I don't agree in all honesty. Plenty of people on here are earning fantastic salaries and most others are aware (as everyone is aware that there are many on shit salaries) but there are ways of discussing stuff that doesn't get people's backs up. I couldn't give a toss if I'm talking to someone who's got 10s of millions or 10 bucks, I just care how they treat other people and their opinions.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:53 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I don't agree in all honesty. Plenty of people on here are earning fantastic salaries and most others are aware (as everyone is aware that there are many on shit salaries) but there are ways of discussing stuff that doesn't get people's backs up. I couldn't give a toss if I'm talking to someone who's got 10s of millions or 10 bucks, I just care how they treat other people and their opinions.
Are you referring to the people taking the mickey out of GG because he asked about two cars? Actually I think he meant 2nd hand 5 yr old cars. Probably not too far off the cost of the latest Prado.

Would it be the same if someone asked about the cost of cornflakes in Aldi and somebody else posted "Pfft why are you buying cornflakes, you should be eating caviar"
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I find it reassuring that British Expats are enjoying the finer things in life. I go thorugh phases when I feel the entire population is deprived - such is the mania of the negative stories. I actually think there are a lot more success stories than people realise and the really negative 'trolls' - no regular poster here - from time to time really are quite bizarre.

Refreshing even.

I'm wondering whether to bring up my little question which dovetails in nicely.....and it's of personal interest as it brings up my favourite topic of normal life in both Australia and UK and how the two countries have people who discuss similar things, versus the paradox, even conflict I continually find between the people who claim to have left all they know behind in the UK which is unavailable here, when I find all I enjoy duplicated here.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:58 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Well I hope you'd agree I'm generally very respectful and I'm not the type to go fishing (like I think GG often does) but I have had people make snidey comments when I've been honest about our monthly expenses, even though I add a disclaimer that some of them are not essential and merely reflect our lifestyle and choices.

It doesn't stop me posting them because I think people need to know how expensive it is to live in Sydney, and those that say they live comfortably on 50k are either deluded or have circumstances far more lucky than Average Joe.

I'm a very honest and open person but I do often stop short of commenting on, starting a discussion on or asking questions about something because I see the flak others get.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Are you referring to the people taking the mickey out of GG because he asked about two cars? Actually I think he meant 2nd hand 5 yr old cars. Probably not too far off the cost of the latest Prado.

Would it be the same if someone asked about the cost of cornflakes in Aldi and somebody else posted "Pfft why are you buying cornflakes, you should be eating caviar"
I don't want to discuss personalities, whoever they are. I just think there are ways and means of getting info, having a discussion that involves the emotive subjects like money, religion etc that doesn't put peoples noses out of joint. Some people can do it and some can't.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Well I hope you'd agree I'm generally very respectful and I'm not the type to go fishing (like I think GG often does) but I have had people make snidey comments when I've been honest about our monthly expenses, even though I add a disclaimer that some of them are not essential and merely reflect our lifestyle and choices.

It doesn't stop me posting them because I think people need to know how expensive it is to live in Sydney, and those that say they live comfortably on 50k are either deluded or have circumstances far more lucky than Average Joe.

I'm a very honest and open person but I do often stop short of commenting on, starting a discussion on or asking questions about something because I see the flak others get.
BE has taught me that you never know and that people do the equivalent of pullling rabbits out of hats. We're all so similar yet in other ways we are so different. I think a lot of people have circumstances which makes life easier for them than others in similar situations. They're Expats and often have resources they can tap into. They weren't born yesterday.

My view is that all you can be is honest and give thought to what you write and how you present your argument. People respond to that. Some people touch on the trickiest of subjects but steer a course through to the end. People don't react to sensationalism or downright silly and negative behaviour which ultimately is never going to get anyone anywhere. Right or wrong, people will always take a constructive, even negative, person more seriously than an absolute grouse who tells tales out of school but dresses it up as 'realism' but is nonetheless vindictive. It's one of BE's unfortunate legacies from time to time.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:46 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

jeez, good job OP didnt ask about the new jag
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:47 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

The flak he has copped in this thread and another recent one, is down to an accumulation of his posts, basically running his mouth off about his supposed wealth, finally topped off by him saying poor people deserve it because they haven't tried hard enough.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:50 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
GG only asked a question, Im sure it wasnt intended to wind anyone up or purposely annoy them because I dont think he is nasty like that and the previous comment about choosing to be poor, well I can see that it annoyed many but I think it came across wrong.
Came across wrong.. Ya think?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=29
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
The flak he has copped in this thread and another recent one, is down to an accumulation of his posts, basically running his mouth off about his supposed wealth, finally topped off by him saying poor people deserve it because they haven't tried hard enough.
Have to admit, I always read what's in front of me and don't tend to hold grudges against people or use their post history agains them - unless they are complete cnuts and there's only one or two in a few years.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Have to admit, I always read what's in front of me and don't tend to hold grudges against people or use their post history agains them - unless they are complete cnuts and there's only one or two in a few years.
Well read that and tell me my opinion of him is wrong.

Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:02 pm
ah-beng

If you're going to start a fight about something can you keep it in the confines of the thread it started in otherwise we'll all have to remember every little rant we've had and build some collective consciousness.

It doesnt work like that, threads are like little worlds, you can go yampy in one and then in another be all nice. Thats how it rolls on the interweb.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:04 pm
ah-beng

Unfortunately you are coming across a little petty. But sheez, thats just an opinion.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't plan to comment on whether you are right or wrong.

But reading it, now, with fresh eyes, it's not that bad at all. I see it as food for thought and reading between the lines I can see where he is coming from. It's philosophical in nature.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

If you're going to start a fight about something can you keep it in the confines of the thread it started in otherwise we'll all have to remember every little rant we've had and build some collective consciousness.

It doesnt work like that, threads are like little worlds, you can go yampy in one and then in another be all nice. Thats how it rolls on the interweb.
So if somebody calls you a twat in one room but is as nice as pie in another you forget the original conversation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.